Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unbelievable w/ Update

I had the craziest day, but praise Gad all is on its to getting better.

I got a call from my aunt today telling me that my Mom is sick and needs to go the hospital, but she doesn't want to be around me because she is afraid that she could get me sick. I wasn't supposed to know how sick she was, so I acted like I was texting her to see if she would tell me herself. Well she was so sick, she sent me some weird, misspelled text (one word) and my red flags were flying high! I called her and she was out of breath, really raspy and told me she just checked her temp and it was 103. Plus she had chills. I asked her what her plans were for getting a doctor to see her (she has no car when her husband is at work) and she said that her friend who offered to take her wasn't answering her phone. She said she wanted to wait to see if she would call soon. I was at work, super busy, but tried to hurry get my work done so I could possibly leave to take her to the e/r. Well, about 15 minutes later I get a call of complete panic from her. She is crying saying she doesn't know what to do because she is so scared and alone. She said she just went to the bathroom and her right breast felt very sore so she looked at it in the mirrior and it was beet red. She said she was sweating. I could barely understand the words that she was saying, she was in a panic for good reason. I told her to get ready, get dressed because I was on my way to bring her to the hospital. I told her don't worry about me or the baby. Nearly impossible, but I had to help her.
I got to her house and picked her up, got her settled in the backseat and rushed her to hospital. Praise God, the e/r staff were on the ball. By the time I parked the car, she was already meeting the nurse and they immediately gave her an iv of antibiotics. They took tons of blood samples, urine samples, x-rays, and then finally an ultrasound on her breast that revealed a pocket of fluid (still not sure of the origin or severity). This all started at 10:30 am and the ultrasound was done at 5:30 pm. It was draining. Once she got some antibiotics she started to feel better, but it was a crazy long day for her. My stepdad came and I was able to come home for awhile to rest and, of course, the minute I leave they meet with the surgeon. The surgery is set to happen anytime between 6 am - 12 pm on Wednesday. My aunt volunteered to be there so I wouldn't have to miss another day of work. My mom just called to tell me to stop worrying and to go the bed, yes she called to tell me that from her hospital room! Always a mother! I sure love that woman.
So, please keep her in your prayers. We are hoping and praying that if it is not a pocket of fluid that when the do the biopsy it is not anything related to cancer. This is the same breast that the lump that had cancer in it was removed last year. I can't shake the worry, but I have to just trust God right now!

Update: Wednesday, April 28 (Feast Day of Saint Gianna)
My mom made it through surgery, still in recovery. They found a firm pocket of fluid, removed it and did a biopsy on it. The results will be back on Friday. The doctor unsure if it could be cancer related or cellulitis (sp?). Hopefully with it's removal, her overall health will improve. Thank you all for your prayers. I attribute her prompt care and recovery to all our prayers!

Today is a happy day, it is St. Gianna's feast day and I have been praying my Novena!

9 comments:

  1. Praying for your mom and your own sense of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, sweetie... I'm praying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that surgery went well!!! PRaying for cancer free results......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see the surgery went well today. Continuing to pray for your dear mother and a complete recovery. What a day you had yesterday!

    Praying for you, too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg LIM, I'm glad your mom made it thru surgery, praise God!

    ReplyDelete