Thursday, April 15, 2010

P is for PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!



Yes, apparently it is true! Despite my complete shock, humbled spirit, complete loss of words to express myself or my gratitude, I found out today that I am pregnant!

I still can barely type those words and my heart has had to just trust all day that God is in control of this baby's life and that no circumstance will change this child's relationship with their creator God!

Here is a little bit of the story of my day!

Last night my husband told me "Don't be afraid to test, you are going to be suprised!" Well, fast foward to 6 am this morning and despite going to the bathroom alot during the night, I decided to just test and get over the drama of the suprise of cd 1 showing up. Well, I am half asleep trying to free the pg test from it's package. Once I ripped open the box, I tested and recapped the test and carried it to my bedside table, I was too tired to wait for the three minutes in the bathroom. So I am holding it in my hand and turn on the lamp and see the words "PREGNANT" on the test. I freak out. Really, I was so shook up! J was still home so I called him into the room and he ran to the room to see what was going on and when I could finally talk, I showed him the test results! He was just as amazed as I was. I just kept looking at it. This was craziness!

I then manage to kick myself into high gear and I texted a quick pic of the test result to my prayer buddy!! Thanks, Sew!!! Your encouragement all day long kept me smiling and helped me to remember just how glorious this moment in time really is for J and I!!

I called PPVI at 9am to request a beta hcg test, then they called and had an order sent to my lab. I took an early lunch, tested, and then made the trip back to work! On a sidenote, I loved the lady at the lab! She was so happy that I was pregnant ;) I love that everyone just realized what a dream come true this is for us!

I really thought that the morning test could have been wrong and that the nurse is going to call me and tell me "Sorry, hon. You are not pregnant, it was a mistake." I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for a return call and as I am calling my lab to see if they sent the results, the nurse from PPVI calls me with my results. At first she did not have them and when I told her they had been sent she put me on hold and went to find them. It seemed I was on hold foever :) I was so suprised when seh came back and said "It's good news! At p+15, you hcg level is 222!!!"

Total, utter shock. I prayed all day long and did two rosaries begging God to keep this little one safe and secure!

I was also able to spend some time in adoration this evening and so my heart is filled with peace.

I told my husband first thing this morning that if we have this baby for 10 days or 60 years, I want to make the most of each day! I am trying to not be filled with worry and fear and just trust in God's will for our family.

I have contacted my local ob and she set me up for an early u/s for Monday, April 19.

Forever I will sing the praised of God!!

I will appreciate all prayers that anyone will be willing to offer up for us and for our child. I am so humbled.

By the way, to put some perspective on the miraculous presence of this baby here are a few stats of our history:
1. We have been married for almost ten years this July :)
2. We have been blessed with two other pregnancies! One in the first months of our marriage that was an early m/c and then last year with an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured.
3. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, severe endo, and had to have a huge battery of tests, surgeries, etc.
4. I ONLY HAVE ONE TUBE LEFT!!!! PRAISE GOD! We give him our little bit and he took care of the rest!

Update:
My blood draw today included shipping a sample to PPVI for progesterone testing. They did decide to already set me up for pio injections that I will start tomorrow night. Kubats is overnighting the meds to me and I will get it tomorrow. So far my temps are staying pretty steady! Ladies, thank you so much for your support and prayers!!! A big thanks goes out to all of my pb's, Sew, Mrs. Blondies, and Kathryn :) I don't know how to gracefully say that I don't feel worthy of this great gift, but I am so thankful for a new life! New hope, not only for J and I, but for the WHOLE WORLD! This is a complete miracle and nothing less. I am praying that we all have the opportunity to be stunned at God's goodness!

22 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED OVER THIS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Praise God...what good news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!

    Congrats girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH!!!!! I want a little credit, too, as I was your Advent prayer buddy :) :) (Sew's prayers are just faster than mine!)

    I am so excited and so praying for you!!!

    Yea! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise Jesus! I'm crying, I'm SOOOO happy for you! I'm seriously upping my prayers now that you have a healthy pregnancy that goes all the way to term, a safe labor and a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations LIM! So so happy for you! This is a miracle! :) Continued prayers for you and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, LIM!
    I am so incredibly excited for you! You have been through so much to get to this joyous point. Your pledge to “make the most of each day” is inspiring. Push all those worries aside and rejoice!!!! I am thanking God right now for your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!
    I read Sew's post and then came over here as quick as my hands could type...
    PRAYERS, PRAYERS, PRAYERS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God!! I had those same grouchy feelings when I was newly pg, too...:) Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tears of joy for you! It is your turn, girl! I am praying my heart out. I am glad to hear you are starting poi shots right away and have an early ultrasound scheduled, that is just perfect. I can tell they are taking good care of you and you have the right attitude. You and J created a beautiful unique soul out of your love for each other and that is always such a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think JB said it best, LOL!!!

    I AM TICKLED PINK!!!! (Which must mean you're having a girl, haha!!)

    CONGRATS! They always say you only need 1 sperm, well apparently you only need 1 tube!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hands are shaking, I couldn't hit the keys fast enough to get to your blog after reading your email. I just have to tell you how much you've been on my mind this week We DEFINITELY need a visit now.

    The tomb might be empty, but the womb is not!!!! Hallelujia!!!! Praise God for a Resurrection miracle. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHMYGOSH!!!! This was a Holy Week baby!!! And Sew..... wowza!!!! You knocked it outta the park!

    LIM, you can count on constant prayers for your little bug all snug in a rug! What a blessed little soul! Praying that you soon will hold him/her in your arms!

    YAY, GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for inviting me to read! I'm so excited for you :) I'm going to email you some advice about the pio shots that I just learned myself. Praying so hard for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GROW, BABY GROW!!!!! This is a miracle Holy Week baby and you are in my prayers!!! I love this, IFs getting pregnant all over the place, it is so encouraging! God Bless you LIM and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just read this post at work and it took everything for me not to start bawling I am so freaking HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, my goodness we will be praying for you!!! I am just so, so, so happy! CONGRTULATIONS!
    xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! So excited for you mama!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGOSH!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! So very excited for you!!!!!!! Can you tell by all of the (!!!)??? LOL!

    Praying for you, dear friend! Lord knows that you were so faithful with your prayers for me. Now, I can return the favor!!

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete