Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling Joyful

After last night's late post, I crawled in bed and slept like a baby. It was so good for me. No hip pain, my husband flipped the mattress for us and we put on fresh sheets! I am pretty particular on my sheets and I change them alot, but during the week, I just kept putting it off. It might have helped that we put on my favorite sheets. We only have two sets, that's really all we need but the other ones pop off at the corners because we have a thick pillowtop. Anyway, everything was right for a great nights sleep.
I am absolutely thankful I did not stay awake worrying about the baby or the crazy work situation. I just slept so soundly. I think it helped that I was able to write down all of my worries and get back to a place of faith, trust, and surrender to God's will. I am not saying that it will be easy from here on out, I know that each day will bring it's challenges, but I can keep placing my trust in my God.
I was out of my t3 so last night I had to go without it. I usually take it at a certain time in the am/pm, so I had to get up early and go to the post office to see if it arrived. It did, I took the meds, ate breakfast, and am now playing on the computer.
I added a few fun things to my blog and seeing the numbers go down on the ticker is really keeping me encouraged right now. I do not wish to add to the cross of others when they see it though. I want to say that I am amazed at the support I am receiving from you all, but I already knew you all were amazing people. Ladies of great courage, compassion, and generousity. I do know that it can be hard hearing alot of pregnancy talk, etc, especially on some days more than others. I felt the same way at times although I was truly joyful for all the new announcements, I would wonder if I would be able to make an announcement like that. I found myself more envious with adoption successes more than pregnancy successes. I love all the graciousness of adoptions - the miracle of it all and I waited for my turn. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to get pregnant again and I had been finding myself really thanking God for the chance to mother two souls that were home with him. I was really having a peace about it. I was learning not try to force my will on God. Then He totally shakes up our world! I am not trying to say that because I tried to surrender that God intervened, I am just saying that just when you think you know what God is going to do next, He suprises you!
I am feeling so aware right now of that song that says "The Lord gives and takes away, my heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed be your name". I really think that the line could be "The Lord gives, takes away, and gives again." I say that because the timing of this pregnancy and the last one are just 50 weeks apart. I found out about this pregnancy on April 15, 2010 and the last one on April 28, 2009. The possible due dates are very close, so I am praying that redemptions is at hand and we have Christmas baby this year. From what I can calculate the due date for Little Bit is December 21, 2010. A due date is nothing but a close guess, but a new baby would be the most wonderful way to celebrate Jesus's birth!
So today I am joyful.
Psalm 113:9
He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.

10 comments:

  1. I am truly joyful about your news LIM! You're waited a long time and you definitely deserve this happiness!

    I hope that you have a great Saturday and I totally understand about having a comfy bed to sleep in. I'm drying our favourite sheets right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God is good! The first time I visit your blog and I get this great news. I am absolutely thrilled for you....10 years. I can't imagine. Many, many, many prayers for this little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I just read your last night's post and then this one today and I'm SO glad you are feeling better today. I think stress like what you had at work is the worst. I wish other people could understand that! I had a super stressful week at work right around the time of implantation (not knowing if I was pg or not, but hoping) and I kept thinking, "I'm implanting! Don't bother me!" So glad you're stress can be relieved for a couple of days anyway. Still praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so excited for you!

    I know you are anxious at times and the worry will creep in, but every little u/s, symptom, b/w check will just be another chance for Little Bit to show you just how strong he/she is and just how much he/she wants to see Mommy & Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for your blessing!! I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just getting home sweetheart! I heard through Sew but don't have access to your blog from outside computers! Congratulations!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all still so amazing and beautiful! You must just be cherishing every single moment. I cannot wait to hear more as this little one grows and grows in health and safety, please God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad it was a better night! I just read both posts and I absolutely hate those kinds of conversations with ppvi where they tell you what an early contraction feels like and all that jazz. ugh. all i know is early pregnancy feels like all sorts of sharp twangs and strange feelings and it is totally normal b/c a lot is going on down there. I am sorry about work being an added stress. I hope today is better and your appts and levels look good. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just WONDERFUL news!!! Congratulations!!!

    OH I am going to be PRAYING for redemption this time around as well!!!

    God has SUCH a beautiful plan for you, you have such a beautiful soul and He is pouring out His love upon you. Receive it with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't believe you are pregnant!!!!!!!! My eyes have seen the glory!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete