Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This & That


Here's what I was taking during the cycle we conceived:

 

T3 – 22.5 mcg @ 2xday

Glucophage (name brand) – 1000 mg @ 1xday at night – finally got the insurance company to cover name brand as my body was not accepting and absorbing the generic and only recently in the last 3 months or so on 1000 mg.)

Fertile CM – 1 capsule 3xday on cd10-P+2 (I am really bad at taking these, the smell of opening the bottle almost makes me gag, but only the last two cycles)

Vitamin B6 (timed release) 1xday

Clomid – 50 mg - cd 3-7 @ 1xday

Prenatals (Citranatal DHA?) at night every night

Antibiotics – cd 14-18 @ 2xday to enhance cm

Antibiotics – 21 day regimen for both my husband and I since I complained of seeing some b bleeding before the last cycle started.

HCG injections – 2500 units on p+3, 5, & 7

 

My pill boxes are feeling lonely these days, since I am only on the following:

T3 – 22.5 mcg @ 2xday

Glucopage (name brand) 1000 mg (they said this can be helpful in avoiding gestational diabetes)

Prenatals

Also, PIO IM injections 2 x week (so far 2000 units, if that is the right measurement)

 

Praise God!  There was also a vacation in there and Disney World!

 

My husband gave me the shot last night and before I got into my stand, I caught a glimpse of that needle!  Good gracious, it is HUGE!!!!  I kept thinking what do those skinny girls do, their butts are not big enough to even handle a needle that size!! Hahahahaha  I told my husband that last night and he just told me to go to sleep.  Unfortunately, my butt has plenty of room for big needles J  I do have to say that they are not hurting like before.  J is really getting good at this!  It will truly be seeing our labor of love for both of us when we set eyes on our baby.  I think that J's getting the PIO ready and administering it for me is almost his way of "carrying" this child.  I couldn't do it without him.  Sure, he contributed at great deal at the beginning, but it is such a great way for him to be active in promoting this young life.

I am loving all of this and feel so odd that I am so hopeful.  I am trying so hard.

I don't know how to be just a regular pregnant girl, all I know is IF and loss.  Tragic loss, so I am praying that God is ready to teach me something new. 

We have shared the news with our parents and J's siblings,  my aunt that I really close too that has not been able to have any children of her own flesh, but she is like a mother to me and so many more, J's boss for prayers, and my four closest friends.  Oh, I also told my Spiritual Director.  I was really afraid to share so early on, but I wanted them to be prepared if for some reason something unexpected would happen and we would need their support.  We also did it because we wanted Prayer Warriors (along with my Prayer Warrior Blogger buddies) storming Heaven with us for the life of our baby to not be interrupted.

We got mixed reactions, everyone was joyful and in tears when we shared the news, but there was tremendous concern.  Tremendous.  I have been getting the impression that a few people almost think that it was tremendously risky for us to try to have a baby.  They are worried.  I understand that, but I almost feel like God called me to walk past my fear and to place complete trust in Him.  I do believe that with my whole heart that He called us to be open to life and that is what we are doing.  Yes, being open to the will of God is not the norm these days and it is not easy.  It is risky, but God asks us to trust Him.  God asks us to let him lead us where we do not know the way and never be the same.  (Thanks AYWH – the summons is one of my favorite songs)

He will carry us on eagle's wings.  Our vision is broader when we can catch a glimpse of what He is seeing and doing.

"I set before you life & death, blessings and curses; CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and your children will live!"  Deuteronomy 30:19

8 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to feel "normal" and hopeful when all you've known is loss, but keep that hope alive! Don't be afraid to let yourself be happy and excited over this new life! Crystal, I am so, so happy to hear this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it is scary and worrisome...but this pregnacy is a blessing you've been praying so hard for. You're just going to have to trust in God's plan for you and all will be alright. I think some other pg bloggers stated that they just had to take it one day at time. I hope you can find some peace and enjoy what God has given to you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the miracle you were looking for, don't look for trouble ( I don't think you are) and I understand others reservations but REJOICE there is life anew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fertile CM makes me gag too! I think it's dependent on the bottle you get. The first bottle I received smelled fine. The second one I almost returned because I thought it had gone bad! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a sensitive nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hope you have is contagious! I am so glad that you are feeling hopeful and full of joy, as you should be! Jesus commands us not to worry, and we hear the words of the mass: "Protect us from all anxiety..."

    I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still so happy for you! I'm sure it's not easy to be relaxed and joyful after what you've been through, but I bet God loves that you are trying your best. I pray that He gives you all the graces you need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely understand the fear, but remember the blessing that God has given to you. Praying for you as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    I am glad you make the decision to tell those closest, for prayers, support, and also to celebrate! Each day it becomes easier to be hopeful! I think we look back and regret worrying, but we never regret being hopeful. It is funny how the people we love try to protect us, not knowing how hard it was for us to be hopeful in the first place. Its not like you don't know the risks! You are being brave, not reckless!
    I know what you mean about poi being a labor of love. my dh hates needles and he is so good at giving those dang shots-I am hardly bruising now, if at all! I feel super close to him and love that he is participating in the pregnancy actively.
    I have recently started picturing my graduation. I wish I would have sooner. It gives me so much hope. I think you need to picture your round belly, and J talking to your tummy and tears of joy holding your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete