Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a way to start the new year!

Today was a very full day! It started at midnight when we watched the ball drop and then I gave my husband his birthday presents. He was happy and then we quickly headed to bed. We went to mass and were blessed with knowing that Jesus met us there. We then went to my in-laws for the New Year's Dinner and it was great. My MIL and FIL outdid themselves on the great dinner. I had a difficult time keeping kind words coming out of my mouth and openly faild to act in a christian manner.
After that, we headed home to get the house ready for some friends and their little ones to come over. We were also having one of my younger cousins over to stay the night to go hunting w/ my husband the next morning. We had a great afternoon and evening. DH and my friend's husband helped the kiddo's pop fireworks and we played and visited for a long while. They helped us sing "Happy Birthday" to DH and I made him make a wish! The day couldn't have been better.
I hope and pray that God blesses us all in 2009 with great faith, good friends, and ever-growing families ;)

1 comment:

  1. Same to you! So glad your year has started out so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete