Saturday, January 17, 2009

Expecting a Miracle - The Movie

Last night I watched a beautiful Hallmark movie called "Expecting a Miracle". In the beginning my husband was waiting for the bomb to drop in the movie . . . but I went into it not knowing what to expect. I did know however that it would have a good ending. All Hallmark movies have good endings. During the commercials, we had some very intense and eye-opening discussions. My husband LOVES tv and sometimes this is a way to bring new ideas around to him. One of our conversations led me to tell him he needed to read my post from earlier in the day, which he did. It allowed him to understand how I was feeling a little sad about why my body needs so much meds. To him, this a means to an end. I am trying to believe that too.
Anyway, if you can watch this movie, make a point to see it. It is still coming on the hallmark channel. There was so much truth to the movie and the full-fronted honesty of what it is like to not have great fertility.
I shared with J that I finally came to conclusion yesterday that if we have only one baby, I could honestly feel like that is enough (sorta a gift from my reading yesterday, since I have been adament about wanting at least 2 children) then I realized that I have been coming around to the realization that God wants me to find satisfaction in the way my life is at the moment. I need to be completely thankful that I am blessed with a holy man as my husband and a strong, sacramental marriage. That is blessing enough. I am having a very difficult time writing these words bc they are still so new to my heart. I just know that not having a baby is not going to kill me, my life can go on. On the side note, though dealing with insensitive people and seeing beautiful babies that go unloved might be the end of me. For me, I think that is where the battle lies. I don't know how to handle my emotions in these circumstances. I believe that God is going to bless me and Jessy with a pregnancy one day (hopefully soon) but I need to be at peace that I am getting better every day and rejoice in the life God has given me this day. No matter where God leads me, He will be right there with me, unless I walk away. I don't want to walk away from him. I believe that God will open my womb one day. It may be once. It may be many. I will choose to wait on the Lord and follow my doctor's orders.
J and I spoke last night about how God has allowed us to find and meet Dr. Hilgers for a reason and that all of these steps are ordained by God. Our path is not random, God has many blessings and a big purpose he is fulfilling.
I hope you all get to see the movie. If you already have, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie but since I get the Hallmark channel...I will keep an eye out for it. They usually replay the movies on that channel a few times.
    I agree with you...God wants us all to love and accept our lives and enjoy them in the present. I know I am always thinking about a future and planning for the future not realizing my life is slowly slipping away. I love my life and wouldn't want it to change (except for a baby). I am happy. I can't predict the future and I truly have no clue how my life will change if a baby comes along. I do know what I have now and I have to enjoy my life, love life and leave the future for the future and for God to handle. Thanks for reminding me....and yes...not having a child is NOT the end of the world (if that is that is God's will). It's taken me a long, long time and a lot of prayer to come to terms with that. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Your blog is definitely a blessing in my life. I pray that my blog can become a blessing to others as well. As for the movie, I haven't seen it and don't have the Hallmark channel but I'll keep my eye out for it on video as I love Hallmark movies.

    I like what you said about rejoicing in what God has given us today. It think it is important that we praise him for all the gifts He gives us and really surrender to His will as much as our humanness will allow. That being said, I really believe that He never gives us a burning desire for anything without planning to give it to us. I believe that God will give you a baby. You and J are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely watch that movie when I get the chance!

    Also, I wanted to let you know how much it means to me that you leave encouraging, thoughtful comments on my blog.

    I am adding your intentions for a child to my prayer list and look forward to that joyous day for you!

    ReplyDelete