Friday, January 23, 2009

Such simple things

On my way home last night from our local March for Life event, I called my husband to see if I needed to pick up anything on my way home. He was so bummed out, so I asked him what was wrong. And he begrudgingly told me that he thought that our dryer stopped working. Now, I must admit that I have been avoiding doing laundry like the plague for the last week because I have been very lazy! I had enough clothes to make it through and we have tons of linens, so I wasn't bothered. While I was out, my sweetie tried to do a few loads and learned while I disliked our hand-me down dryer for the last two years. I have been trying to get him to agree with me that we needed a new dryer, well that time has finally arrived. While he was wallowing, I was so happy. I will be able to get a new dryer AND it would be one that would be quiet!!!!
Well, being the planner, I picked one out on the se.ar.s website and went to the store, but checked out Lo.we's on the way. Nothing I really like at low.es, I head to se.ars, the one I chose is not in stock. I choose another, not there either. So we go to another local home appliance store, they are sold out of the brand we want. On sheer desperation, we go to sam.s and find on that is a great price and just what we were looking for. So our Friday night was spent dryer hunting! We then had the joy of unloading it, removing the old one, and installing the new one! My sweetie was a complete pro and complained only a little. I was quite suprised!! Well, the great news is my first load of laundry has been washed and the new dryer is drying it's first ever load! I told J earlier that it is the little things that bring me so much joy these days.
My days have been better this week, at least emotionally. I had a rough day at work earlier this week bc I was completely focused on some perosnal things and forgot to do some of my normal little things.
In cycle news, my cm is better in quality and consistency. Nothing else to note. I am letting myself just ride hope these days.

4 comments:

  1. That is always the best! New appliances! Oh be still my heart! Our washer and dryer are about 30 years old! We pray every day they keep on holding up.

    Enjoy your Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.. new appliances. I could not wait to own a home just so I could have my own W/D and not use the laundromat. My DH calls them the most expensive W/D in the world (aka.. the cost of the house..LOL) SO worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I would love a new washer and dryer. Ours is aging quite well. However, I am blessed to be able to get done what's needed and have a home to use them in. Praises for the small things, right. :)

    I totally agree with the little things in life. They truly are what matters. I have always said that too.

    Good for you in riding on hope. I know it is not easy to do, but how great it will feel to be more relaxed. What strength you have. Thanks for helping me remember to do just the same. :)

    Thinking about you and praying for you daily,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blood test that were sent to Omaha....Did your insurance pay or was it expensive. I am dying to know how much this hormone testing is going to be. Did you get the Thyroid panel done as well? Is it as much as 1/2 of an adoption. Because my surgery costs were the amount of an adoption. Just trying to prepare myself. :)

    ReplyDelete