Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cycle Review

Today, I spoke with the nurses at the PPVI to do my cycle review. It was very helpful. I really like the nurse that I usually speak with and find her so encouraging.
Together, we realized that I did have a double Peak last cycle and did not do the hcg meds on the right days, but this was no problem and did not have any adverse effects on my cycle. I am telling you this nurse is so encouraging and understanding, I am so very thankful. We saw that that I had an eleven day luteal phase (which is nearly normal, woo hoo). Sorry, I just get so excited to have even one thing going my way. I am now on cd 4. She reviewed all my current meds and was then going to speak to Dr. Hilgers to show him my chart and get any instructions that he wanted her to pass on to me. She said she would call later in the afternoon or the next morning. Much to my suprise, she called only a few minutes later to tell me of the additions that he was suggesting some new meds for me to try in additon to the T3, hcg, metformin, and prenatal vitamins. He wants me to start taking B6 vitamins and then take something called FertileCM. I had to order the FertileCM from the website called www.fertilecm.com . Whoever knew??? They have a whole line of fertility and pregnancy nutritional supplements. Has anyone ever used any of these vitamins or FertileCM? Just curious. I will have to use the fertilecm on days 10 to P+2. I ordered it right away, but it is really tough shelling out so much money for meds. I just keep hoping that these meds just might to the trick. Now I just have know my real Peak day and then not stress this cycle so that I can avoid a double peak.
In other news, I had a wild day at work and heard some real horrible stories. Let's just say that I have some new intentions on my prayer lists.
Prayers are going out for all of my fellow bloggers, thanks for all of your support!

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! Praise God that you have such an amazing nurse to talk to about your concerns and questions. It also sounds like your doctor is very proactive in helping you become pregnant soon. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I am only taking metformin right now. My family doctor has prescribed it for me. It was my goal to come of of the birth control and then be able to have a more regulated cycle. Thankfully, the metformin is doing that for me. :) What does the vitamin B6 do? Just was wondering if I could maybe start taking it too. Or, maybe I should wait until I see the GYN in February to ask her?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is your month!!! You will get that peak time nailed, I just know it. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Healthcare and money ~ ugh!!! There has been many years before I started teaching full time and then before Scott and I married that I did not have insurance. So, yes, I understand the peril in needing to shell out so much money for meds. If I had all of that money back, we would have a better handle on all of our bills. Let me tell you, it has been a truckload that we have spent. But, now I am thankful to have Scott's insurance to help a little bit. Insurance sure it not what it should be. People still have to make decisions on whether to eat or have their medicine, with insurance. It's just horrible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I am so appreciative of having you as one of my followers. Each day I get on, I look forward to reading your comforting words of encouragement. They mean so much to me. You are awesome!!! I am lucky to have a prayer warrior like you on my side.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hold on to your faith. It is an inspiration. :) What a strong christian you are and a rolemodel for so many of us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't called for my cycle review with PPVI yet. I'm not really sure if I have to or not, I'm a little confused about the whole thing!
    I have heard of people who took FertileCM as per Dr. H's request- they say it works really well. I know how you feel about spending so much $$, though. I would have no problem doing it if there was a time frame, but when you don't know if you'll have to buy these things for 3 months or 3 yrs, that's when it gets a little sticky. But in your case, I think you are really, REALLY close!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I checked out the website for the FertileCM and I am going to ask my Napro dr about it. My Napro dr works under Dr. Hilgers and he's never mentioned this. The dr does think I have a problem with my uterine lining, etc. I do take B6 vitamins (when I can...sometimes they upset my stomach and I don't like that feeling when I'm out of the house). Thanks for sharing that info. I will definitely ask the Dr. about it. I know all about meds and paying for them. Gosh....it all just seems like a never ending expense. I guess if all of the meds help us to finish our journey into parenthood, then it's all worth the sacrifices made. God Bless....

    ReplyDelete