Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, it is time to begin a new year and I am excited to see what just what is waiting for us in 2009! Today has been a great day, I had to get up early to go get my P+7 bloodwork done before the lab closed early. It was a very interesting morning at the lab, I have a feeling I have gone there a little too often, because I am getting to be on a first name basis with staff there and recognize all of the employees! The lady who drew my blood today was the same one who hurt me so bad when I did my Insulin Resistance test, so I had to figure out a way to get her in a good mood before she shot me up with the needle. Well, I prayed for God to give me a window of opportunity to make a connection with her and God provided so very well. Suprise, suprise! I happened to see her nametag and it just happens to be the name we have chosen when we are blessed with a little girl. I shared this with her and let her know how beutiful we believe the name to be and why we believe that this a perfect name for a beautiful girl/woman of God. This led me to have a beautiful conversation about the graciousness of God. She mentioned that she hoped that God would wipe the tears from her face and I told her I think that he does this for all of us, but sometimes we are not always aware of it and his presence in our pain. I truly believe that God allowed me to meet her and share some hope with her. You never know where IF will lead you. As I was walking out of the lab, she stopped me and said "I sure hope your little girl comes to you soon." It was like she was singing a lullaby to my hurting heart. I really believe tht God sends me angels every single day and sometimes more than one a day.
Well, tonight I made my husband a simple birthday dinner and he loved it. He is a New Year's Baby and I have a hard time planning something big bc he really does not like to celebrate his birthday. He shared this birthday with his grandma who passed away before we met. I have his birthday cake cooling now and I will ice it later. We will be hanging out with our close friends after we have lunch with his family for New Year's dinner. They go all out for New Year's dinner and so it will be busy. The one thing he is looking foward to is opening the small gifts I got for him.
Here is a quick review of how I spent 2008!
Jan - did the big bloodwork profile which showed dr. hilgers that I was having very dysfunctional hormone levels (I had very irregualr bleeding and when I would start, it never wanted to stop with out prometrium)
Feb - turned 31
March/April - stated a weight loss plan and began to take T3 and monitoring temps and pulses.
May/June - same old stuff, nothing new.
July - celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary & met with dr. hilgers at PPVI and the next day did the laparscopy and selective hsg. He found out that I have PCOS, endo (this is the first time I learned about this), adhesions in a few places (including my ovaries), but at least my tubes were great and clear. Lost 22 lbs to date. Told to use progesterone injections on designated dates of my cycle and did this once and it is starting to work out great.
August - recovering well and still doing the progesterone injections and I am actually having only seven days of bleeding and I now get to use green stickers! Get a call mid month and they schedule my next surgery for mid-sept. There is a lot to do before then. Evacuate for Hurricane Gustav with all of my inlaws, mom, and Daisy. What fun. We also finally close on the Road Home Program which is helping us to recover from losing our home to Hurricane Rita (yes, we got some from Insurance and Fema, but not enough to really start over, we had to use everything we had to put a new mobile home on our land. Not what we had in mind, but my philosophy was I would rather save my money to have babies, than worry about having a large home with possibly empty rooms for God knows how long.)
Sept - make it back from evacuating for gustav and then begin to prepare for the trip to Omaha and two days before our planned departure day, we are told we must evacuate for Hurricane Ike. We just pack up and leave a few days early and have to bring Daisy along for the ride because the vets will not take animals when there is a hurricane in the gulf and we had no family who could stay and care for her. She was overwhelmed with so much travel, but I was so glad to see her when I got out of the hospital and made my way to the hotel. The hospital stay went great and the surgery was determined to be a "10" by dr. Hilgers. He tells us we should be able to successfully conceive within 12 - 18 months. When we return, my Mom has surgery to remove lump in breast. Currently going through treatment and hanging in there.
Oct - recovering and loving to be at home
Nov. - finding that I am starting to chart well with no progesterone injections
Dec - first P+7 blood draw and the results were not what we wanted, but told that this is manageable. Start hcg injections and have a great month overall with family and friends.

Whew, what a year! God was very busy this year! I can't wait to see what He has in store for us in 2009!
I wish all of you a very joy, grace-filled, healthy and FERTILE 2009!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very cool that you were able to connect with the woman at the doctor's office. I was really touched by that story! I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost your home!? Did you loose your belongings too? Or were you able to keep at least your statues and wedding pictures? Oh my gosh! So are you still on the land where your house used to be?

    What a great re-cap! I love God coincidences like that, how ironic her name is the one you desire for your child. Very sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you were able to move past the hurt that the tech caused and found some comfort from her. Thanks for the recap! What a year for you both! Doesn't IF just feel like an obstacble course??

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did not lose all of our belongings, we packed all of your pictures and important items in large plastic crates before we left and brought with us as much as we could. Our home was severely damaged and the roofed was removed by a small twister (at least that is what we think happened). We were able to return home pretty quickly to remove items that were salvageable and put them in storage. We then had to destroy our old home on our land and then start over. Literally. This could not have come at a more difficult time because we were just beginning to work with an adoption agency and we had no home to do a home-study. We had to live with our in-laws for about 6 mo and then we lived in a Fema camper until our new home was ready. This all happened in Sept 2005 and we moved into our new home one week before the 1 year anniversary of Rita. We were actually one of the lucky ones. There are still others who are just now getting into their homes. What is worse is that alot of those people who did get settled after Rita and rebuilt on their own land down south, got hit again with Ike and we had people who were living in tents not too long ago. We have alot to be thankful for though. We obviously were not meant to pursue the adoption route at that time and because we are now able to reimburse ourselves with the money we used to start over, we were able to use some of that money to pay for all of these crazy medical bills until the insurance kicked in.
    Thanks for all of your very kind comments. I lift my imaginary glass to you all and keeping thinking in the back of my mind "Doggone it, we have to start a new deductible year!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, God was certainly busy in 2008 :) I hope He continues to bless you and DH, and that 2009 is the year we all become mommies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed by the strength of all of you who live in Gulf states and just keep rebuilding after hurricanes. I've seen people in interviews on the news and I have family in TX who have rebuilt, and instead of a "poor me" attitude, it's just the "it is what is and keep plugging along" attitude. Very inspiring! Go '09!!

    ReplyDelete