Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great Date Night

Okay, so I am a little cheesy right now, but I just want to post that I had the best date night with my sweet husband this evening! Well, the night started off a little funny since we were trying to make to a gas station before the little gas light came on. We live at least 9 miles from the nearst gas station, so it was no small feat. Then we went to dinner at Pat's of Henderson it is a nice seaford restaurant and there is little non-candle flame things on the table, but it satisfied me. I got my candlelight and my husband's attention all to myself. We discussed so serious topics and managed to listen to each other with open minds! Once again, no small feat. I told him about my serious desire to put ourselves out there for adoption and he really thinks we are putting the cart ahead of the horse. He wants to give Dr. Hilgers some time to help us make the most of the gift of a natural conception. The important thing that he mentioned was that we have time to start that process. I just needed to know that the possibility is there. I keep thinking that there could be a child out there that is meant for us and if we do not get started now, we won't be in the right place when that miracle comes along. I am sure this doesn't make any sense, but I really feel this way! It is almost like I feel more peace and assurance with adoption, but that may not be where God is calling us too. It is easier for me to believe that God would answer my prayers for adoption before answering our prayer for conception. What is wrong with me??? Maybe that is why I am being so encouraged to keep trying to conceive . . . because it will be for God's glory and not my own. My dear friend, Sr. Evelyn, told me Wednesday that she is praying for me and J every morning! I don't think it is about my prayers anymore, it is about the body of Christ that is lifting us up in prayer! When I finally do get pregnant, there will be great rejoicing and affirmation for so many! I can only be the instrument that he wishes to use!
Well, anyway, J and I had a great date night and then we had fun just going to Petco and Target. We picked up a cd of Brooks and Dunn. I don't listen to country alot, but I like them and J got me tickets to their concert for my birthday. We listened to the cd on the way home and are so excited about the concert. It is the night before Valentine's Day, so it will be a great way to start a fun weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really nice night, i love nights like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you guys live? you must be close....we're in Broussard.

    sounds like you guys had a great night, that's wonderful. I'll be praying for you guys on the adoption issue, if it's God's will for you guys, you're dh will come around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to admit that I am a little jealous of the great date night that you had with your hubby. Those nights are so precious and somehow seem to allow us to reconnect with each other. Being a farm wife, I do spend a lot of time alone, which makes those nights that we do get to have together all that more special. It is so wonderful that you were able to talk about those things closest to your heart, what a joy that was hearing that you both took the time to listen and to talk to each other. What an amazing relationship you have, and what an inspiration and role model you are for Scott and I. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As far as adoption and conceiving your own, I can see both sides of it. What I do know is that your husband loves you so much. Both of you will be two of the best parents in the world. Keep praying and giving it to God, He will place that little miracle in your arms soon. Don't give up having your own, it will come. Who's to say that you can't have the best of both worlds? Have your own and then adopt too. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You had asked how long Scott and I have been married. Well, it has been just a short time, since Aug. 2, 08. We are just working on month number 6, along with TTC for 5 months.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I also wanted to tell you how moving your comment was for me this morning. Last night as I went to bed, I asked God to help affirm my desire to be a mom by conceiving and giving birth to our own child(ren). Sometimes I think this borders asking for signs, but right now, I just wanted to know if this is the path that I should be traveling down. And, much to my surprise and joy, the comment that you left me did do that for me. You see, I believe God works through other people and by you telling me this, gave me the affirmation that I was looking for, just didn't know it was going to come so soon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are so sweet. I look forward to reading your precious comments each and everyday. They mean so much to me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You and your hubby will continue to always remain in our prayers. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hugs and blessings,
    Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crying tears of joy. You don't know how good it feels to read that you felt led by the Holy spirit to share that with me. It makes me speachless and so full of hope. Thank you for being such an incredible Christian and inspiration for me. :)

    Wishing you all of your hearts desires.

    Lots of hugs and blessings,
    Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand your feelings about God answering the adoption prayers before the conception prayers. I feel very similarly most of the time. I keep wondering if maybe God is trying to tell me that I am supposed to adopt, and that's why he made me infertile. And in the meantime, I keep resisting His will?? It's very confusing, because when I have had adoption placed on my heart (since college, really), whenever I decide to start the process, something amazing happens with our fertility treatments.

    Just keep praying and the answers will keep coming :) That's all we can do!

    ReplyDelete