Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sixteen Things

I was tagged to share 16 things that you all may not know about me. I was tagged by Stacey at
http://reillyfarmwifeprayingtobecomepregnant.blogspot.com/2009/01/getting-to-know-little-more-about-me.html

So here goes:
1. When I was looking for a second job while in college, I found out about this really high paying secretary job at a mable company and when I pulled into the parking lot for the interview, I heard a voice from God saying I would meet my husband here. I did. It was so strange, but I was so thankful. The voice was so loud and clear, I sort of thought I was going crazy.

2. I have a new devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe and am enjoying all of the things she is teaching me.

3. I am an only child.

4. My two favorite colors are lavender and pink.

5. I love to take pictures and sometimes of really strange things that I find fascinating. The pictures usually come out fantastic.

6. In college, I had a very dear friend named Sr. Renee who revealed to me the simplicity of God.

7. I am a lector at our church.

8. I once worked for Burger King the summer before I started college. I worked there for 4 hours. I was such a wimp!

9. I am about one inch taller than my sweet honey.

10. I once wanted 8 children.

11. I love to read.

12. I am known by whole community to be the one who makes the best pecan pies! There is always so many requests for them around the holidays.

13. I loved to play basketball and volleyball in high school.

14. I love the Holy Family. I have a curio cabinet filled with images of the Holy Family.

15. I tend to stock pile groceries and household essentials becase we live so far away from the nearest grocery store or Walmart/Target.

16. I crave olives sometimes.

Now, if your name is listed below, consider yourself tagged:

Sew Infertile
This Cross I Embrace
All You Who Hope
The Peace of Cross
Fight the Good Fight of Faith

Have a great evening!

8 comments:

  1. What a great list you have! I really enjoyed reading it and finding out more about you. Thanks for sharing, it made my day. :)

    How awesome that you had God tell you that you were going to meet your husband. That's a really big "wow" factor. :)

    I was an only child for 14 years until my sister came. What fun we had. :)

    MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! I love pecan pies. They are my favorite. Maybe one day you might share your recipe with us? That would be great!

    Yes, I too stock pile groceries and lots of extras. Living in the country is great and I wouldn't change it for the world.

    You and your hubby are in our prayers. What an incredible christian woman you are. :)

    Hugs,
    Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what happened when you walked into your new work. Were you searching high and lo? Ha! I kind of felt like that Dr. Seuss book, are you my mother? Instead are you my husband? Now I feel like are you my baby? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played b-ball in HS, too :)

    It was nice to learn all these things about you.

    Thanks for the tag, I'll try to get to it later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, Sew's comment almost made me pee my pants. Lmao, "Are you my husband?" Ahahahaa, what do you think your husband would have done if he saw you asking everyone that, and then turn to him and ask??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, during those six weeks of waiting I thought "God you sure have some sense of humor!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew - it is so funny that you said that. The first man I met when I went in was a really nice guy who definitely was not my taste and all the guys were over 35. I was only 21 at the time. It took me six weeks there to finally meet him. I just wonder it I sensed that bc I was so physically close to my heart's other half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny because I swore I would know my husband when I saw him. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how women didn't know there husband when they met them.

    I dated my husband at 20 for a few months. Then he moved away and 5 years later we "reunited". Once we were reunited I knew it immediately.

    Then I was like WAIT! God has a funny sense of humor! Jokes on me! :)Now that we are married I am thinking why did I not marry this man the first time I laid eyes on him!

    I also prayed for a pink rose to confirm my "I'm marrying this man". He sent me a bouquet of flowers the Monday after he left and there was one beautiful pink rose in the middle of the bouquet. I about died!!!

    That is such a great story about how you met your husband! Now if the same voice can say LIFE IN MAZES you are going to have a baby! I wanna hear that voice!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I just re-read my comment. We were "separated" for 5 years, married after 5 months. I wonder if we will be IF for 5 year! Oh no! :) It can't be!

    ReplyDelete