Saturday, July 3, 2010

Prayer Buddy & other Ramblings

I am so happy to be a part of the Prayer Buddy - Summer Edition :)

I am so thankful for all of the work JBTC & TCIE did to make it all happen! Thank you ladies! Special graces should come to you both for organizing this!


I have to say I am thrilled with the prayer buddy I have this time, but I am feeling a bit of pressure ;) hahahahaha! Gotta get on my knees pronto!!

In other news, my mom is getting out of the hospital this evening! She called my sweet hubs her lucky charm because it was after our visit that the doctor came in and discussed her release! Praise God, she was getting so restless and she was missing her cat-babies, Polly & Lucky!

After the visit, I was STARVING!!! My appetite has returned in FULL FORCE! I am staying hungry - I keep telling my husband that the baby is hungry so that he will feed me :) Thankfully, we have an amazingly generous neighbor who keeps bringing us delicious fresh vegetables, so at least I am making such better choices!!

I have been stockpiling essential items for the house. We are being very frugal and we are getting some pretty good deals. I even did some strategic grocery shopping recently and stocked the pantry and freezer. Everything I bought was on sale and I ended up saving about 98% of the grocery bill! We have few more essentials we need to purchase, but so far we are making progress. We were supposed to go away this weekend to celebrate our anniversary, but we realized we don't need to go away and spend money to find romance, praise God. Let the sacrifices begin :) All will be well, God will provide!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I love how much you love your husband... gives a girl like me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious to see who you're praying for!!!!!

    So happy that your mom is getting out of the hospital! What a relief!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that I can do prayer buddies this year!! I am sooooo excited about my prayer buddy.... I love her and I can't wait to move mountains for her! (Please, God?)

    Sweet post! Have a wonderful anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the budgeting! The reminder that God will provide is important too. I'm glad your mom is doing better and you are able to eat more (sorry that you're feeling starving though).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about everyone's prayer buddies, I love the reveals!

    sounds like you are doing a great job of being thrifty! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete