Friday, July 16, 2010

seven quick takes




-1- I have alot of plants that I keep on my deck, mainly flowers. Well, four of them died. Two died about a month ago and then two others died this past week. I couldn't figure out what was killing them, it looked like a poison had got to them, at first I blamed our exterminator. Well, I think just some bugs starting eating them, because this week I have been watching birds digging in the soil (are they after bugs??). Not sure why this is happening, but my heart is so soft, I absolutely hate when something I helped plant and nuture dies. On a good note, my Lily of the Valley plant is growing strong, Praise God!! There are six blooms!

-2- I don't know what to do with my appetite. I just don't eat what I should. I need to make me some lunch now, but I just keep putting it off. I always feel so much better after I eat. Last night my husband suprised me with my favorite po-boy, a Darrel's special. He got a whole one and we shared it. I love food, really love food, but I just don't have much of an appetite until around 3 0r 4 pm. I don't know what that is all about, but I do make sure I am getting a good breakfast and then a decent lunch. Gotta start somewhere. Oh, and pickles. They are a staple in our home :)

-3- Bailey, our cat, has to be near me at all times. She loves to curl up right near my belly and rest her head on my abdomen. My husband said the other day, I bet she can hear the baby move, I told him that I beleive the baby will come out thinking they are a cat because they will have already learned to purr. Pure craziness!

-4- I drink lots of water, so that equals lots of trips to the bathroom. No wonder, I am always thinking about stocking up on tp. It is a ridiculous thing about me. I blame it on living so far from a regular store, but I stock up on things and we have the best stocked pantry that we ever had. I may go overboard sometimes.

-5- I forgot to mention this earlier, but I did get approved for LA MOMs - a medicaid coverage for pg women who have no maternity. With just my husband's income, we barely qualified, but I am so glad we did. I get to keep my doctor and now we don't even have to pay copays, deductibles, etc. I know this sounds crazy, but God does have a funny way of working things out, now we have to see if we can pay our other bills :) hahahahhaa - just kidding. God makes a way where there seems to be NO WAY!

-6- I have been getting Parenting magazines in the mail and it stikes me as odd that they are coming in MY name!!!

-7- My blood pressure had to be through the roof this morning when my cell phone kept ringing. I miss most of my calls because the ring is so soft, so when I checked my voicemail they all asked me to call the back because they had news to share with me. Needless to say, when my family calls with news like that, I panic. It was my aunt who works with our priest friend. She was crying on the phone. Needless to say, it took awhile for the stress to subside. I was so glad to be a prayer warrior for him!!! I know he has done the same for me many times.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be catching up on your new blog!! Tell me again which email you want me to invite to LifeHopes? I am so sorry I can't find your email telling me:)

    I am so excited for you, you have been through so much. God has so many wonderful things in store for you, and is already doing such a beautiful and miraculous thing in you!!!! I cannot wait to see baby pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LH, it is crystalgayle3719@yahoo.com

    So glad you found me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could even grow a plant, ha ha! Sorry yours are dying. :(

    I am so relieved that you have maternity coverage now!! Whew! God provides!

    Hoping your priest friend will have a full recovery. So scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome news about the maternity coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God about the insurance coverage - less anxiety, worry, happier mom and baby! Well, at least that is my theory! That is such a sweet note about your cat - how cute, my Diego does that same thing. Now though, the only thing he is hearing is my digestion process! LOL! I hope you have a great week and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete