Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No crying here . . .

Given the somberness of my last post, this one will crack you up even more :)

The situation with this elderly lady bothered me all night, I tossed and turned. I even had a bad dream when I did fall asleep about something completely weird, but not related to her, praise God. This morning in the wee hours before daylight, I realized that my baby is hearing the voices of people around me and I really don't want them to learn this ladys voice or her ridiculous vocabulary. I know, I know.

So I ended up getting up, determined to make it a good day. I was going to do this - suck it up! I ate a hearty breakfast (because she makes my stomach hurt with her hurtful, loud tone), got dressed, PRAYED, and then headed out the door. On the way there, I thought that if I went in cheerful, full of smiles and happiness (kindness, of course) that it would really start our day off good and all would go well!

I got there early, pulled the trash can from the road, greeted her cheerfully, and gave the cat some treats (I am sorry to say, but the cat looked thrilled to see me), and then moved on to the next project. I figured, stay busy and she can't find fault or nag too much, right?? WRONG!

I quickly told her "Well, first thing - I will go make your bed." I ran and did that quickly and when I came back down the hallway she hollered "Did you already finish making the bed? You better had done it right, I don't like any bumps and it hurts my hip if there are bumps. If you did it wrong I will have to take the fly swatter and whip your butt!" (no I am not making this up). I told her "You might not get a chance too, I will just quit." hahaha.

So I let that go and went into the kitchen and asked her if she was ready for some breakfast and she said yes so I began preparing her breakfast. As I was beginning to cook, she goes to her sliding glass door to look out and says "Now, why did you go and leave a clothes hanger on the hanging line yesterday???" (said with disgust like I was the laziest woman on the planet) and while I am trying to process and remember ever even seeing a clothes hanger - I knew for sure I did not use one yesterday she begins yelling at me "Girl, you better answer me when I talk to you, you can't just ignore me when I ask you a question. This is just not going to work if you don't answer my questions when I talk to you . . . ." Well, right there - the camel's back BROKE!!!! That was the final straw. I told her "You're right, it is not working and I am not here to argue with you, I am there to help you, so I will just go." I offered to make her breakfast before I left and she kept arguing with me, just making the biggest little show and refused to let me finish her breakfast. It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever encountered!! I bent down close to her and told her "I am leaving, I am sorry it did not work out, but I am not going to stay and argue with you."

She got so upset, she did not want me to leave and I told her "I am sorry, I will not stand to be talked to in an ugly way." I was walking to the door and she came after me and said "I have other people I can call." I looked at her with great compassion and said "Well, I hope you are able to treat them better than you treated me."

I then left.

I felt like the weight of the world was lifted, but now I worried about how she will have a meal for today.

So in a matter of being at her home for 20 minutes, I quit! Is that a record??? I guess this girl does have a backbone!!

So I went straight to town and got more applications. Only God can make a way right now.

I need to find an attorney to review the manuels to see if my previous employer did inform all employees of no benefits for Unemployment Ins. If there is a code word or something that I am missing, but I see no evidence of notice in the manuels.

Only two more days until we see the baby, praise God!!!

7 comments:

  1. Way to stand up for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It sounded horrible and certainly didn't look like it was going to get any better. God will help you find something else, somewhere else, where you are loved and appreciated! Blessings on the Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I still can't get over this! The fly swatter comment, wow! My son was using a fly swatter tonight, so I told the family about what this woman said! They couldn't believe it. Does she have dementia??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good riddance. Life’s too short for this crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that lady!!!! Wow, it sounds like me if I get old! hahahahahaha I guess all barriers break down and you say and act how you want! It's like an unleashed old woman sew!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Nobody deserves to work in that kind of environment. Praying that something much nicer and more enjoyable comes your way in the area of employment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself. That's crazy how she was treating you.

    ReplyDelete