Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Falling in love . . .

I fell in love today. . .

with a precious little spine!

I fell in love today . . .

with the beautiful face of our baby!!!

You could clearly see the eyes and nose and don’t forget that precious spine!!! Something about see that gorgeous spine brought me utter joy!!! Seeing those bones formed and still maturing – there is a precious baby growing in my womb!!! Praise God!!

I was only supposed to go in to have the fetal heart monitor tell us the baby’s heartbeat, but Little Bit was squirming so much – all she could hear was them jumping around – she could not get the heartbeat to come through clear enough!! I will admit – I was praying as I laid on that table and finally she said “Heck, this is taking too long, let’s go see this baby!” So we went to the u/s room and saw the most beautiful little baby!!! We saw that little heart working overtime ;)

I got to ask a few questions, then headed out.

My mind plays so many tricks on me!!! I have to admit I go in with great anxiety. I had some odd stomach pain on Monday after talking to a billing dept, I think it was stress – but after I relaxed in a tub of warm water, I felt better. I also did a lot of sleeping this weekend. I was just super tired and think there must have been a growth spurt or something. I do not write the about the depth of my fears because they are just so traumatizing. She was going to look to see if she could find out our baby’s gender, but I told her if she found out to write it down and my husband and I would look at the paper tonight together! How tempting was that!!! Thank goodness the baby would not face forward and show themselves!!! As much as I am ready to know, I wanted my husband there with me to see the baby together!!!

My heart is singing joyfully right now!

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Ps 139:13

7 comments:

  1. Oh, praise God!!! This brings such joy to my heart! I can only imagine what you are/were feeling!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!!! Woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) We are super happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PTL!! Grow little one grow!! :-) So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! So happy you had a good visit and fell in love today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I'm so sorry about those moments of fear, but thrilled that you were unexpectedly able to see your baby! What a blessing that is. I am so happy that the Lord continues to grow and protect this little life inside.

    ReplyDelete