Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trust

I am having to learn to trust God in a whole new way right now and it is very difficult for me to let go of my sense of 'control' although I have absolutely no 'control' of the situation I am in right now.

I am going a bit crazy knowing that I have no more income and feeling tremendously stressed by the fact that we may not qualify for the state's insurance program for low-income pregnant mothers.

I have been trusting up to this point that God has all of it taken care of, but I am feeling so terribly vulnerable right now. My stomach hurts to even think about it all.

Today is my day to do the lab work for my progesterone levels and the first time I am going in without any insurance coverage to cover anything related to this precious pregnancy. My husband is not as worried, he said regardless of insurance, money, etc - a baby is coming and we need to prepare for them. I love my dear husband.

Don't worry, I am not allowing my stress to overpower my thankfulness for this precious growing baby, I am actually writing it all out, so I can hopefully leave it here.

I have been feeling well, just slightly sick to my stomach right now. I am supposed to go walking with a dear friend this morning after the visit to the lab.

I do need prayers, so if you find time, please lift one up for us!

Our Lady, Undoer of Knots, Pray for Us.

11 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you. This time of uncertainty must be difficult, but I'm glad you're trying to keep your stress low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you not have COBRA to extend your insurance benefits from work? I don't know much about it, but that is what I have known others to do. Especially if you were laid off, I think they have to offer COBRA. I will pray for you! So stressful! Good for you for leaving it all on the blog, or at least trying to. That's what we are here for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leila,

    They did offer me cobra - but it was around $607 a month and it was just not in our budget :(

    Thankfully, the only medical care insurance I am lacking is maternity care because my husband's company doesn't offer it on their group plan, I am the only woman able to have children (imagine that) on the plan! That is part of the reason I was sticking it out at that crazy job I had, the Diocese was paying 100% of my medical insurcance. Thanks for your prayers!

    Mrs. Blondies, Barbie, & JB - Thanks so much for the prayers! As I was going about my day staying distracted, I knew it was your prayers that were holding me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TW - Thank you so much!!! Your encouragement helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I understand now. Wow, that is a lot of money. :( I am sorry to hear about that. I hate that dh's plan does not cover maternity care. I will pray for you to find a solution somewhere! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers going up for you! I have a college at work (who does not have insurance) she found a hospital that offers "charity maternity care." It is a Catholic hospital and she is very, very happy with her doctors and the hospital. I asked her how she found it, she said she called the hospitals directly herself. Wow! I thought that was amazing. Anyways, it seems like the one area of medicine where hospitals can still provide help to families that need it. I also got a tip from somebody to call the best HOSPITAL in your region, particularly one in wealthy area, they tend to have these programs available and can be quite generous. It might mean driving a little bit farther, but it could be worth it! I am so happy for you and your family. Congratulations. I look forward to following your blog and your pregnancy. Love, Little JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that a "colleague" at work sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little JoAnn!!
    Thanks so much for that idea!!! I will try that! I did find out today that it looks like we might qualify for the state insurance!! I should get a letter this week.

    I talked to the rep today and explained our need and she understood and acknowledged that there was no need for additional information. Praise God!!! Prayer works :)

    All this week she never answered her phone, so now that I got to talk to her I am more relieved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you, friend. That is a big worry, indeed. Thankfully, we know that our God can handle it! I hope things will work out with the state insurance.

    P.S. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete