Monday, July 26, 2010

You gotta laugh or you'll cry!

Today was incredibly nuts. This lady that I am meeting with 4 days a week is incredibly set in her ways, I guess I would be too at 95!!

When I served her plate and she took her time to eat it, she said "The potatoes are cold!" I said "I am sorry, would you like for me to heat them up for you?" she responded "No, but you look sorry!"

When I began cooking she made some more ugly comments and so I jokingly said "Well, I guess you can fire me if you don't like your lunch." She said "I just might have to do that!" hahaha When she ate, she said that if she were grading me, she would give me a "C".

IN FREAKING CREDIBLE!!!!! Is she my old's boss's grandma???

At one point I was making her bed and her cat came and threw up in the hallway and she thought I kicked her cat! What???? If you would really know me, you know that I cry when a bird flies into my car on the highway!!!

After doing two loads of laundry, sweeping the kitchen and dining room, making her bed, and hanging certain clothes on the line to dry outside, I sit down to drink a sip of water - she tells me "Are you too tired to handle this job in your condition (meaning pregnant)?" I told her 'no, I am just hot . . . it must have been 85 degrees in her house and at least 95 degrees outside.

I don't think this is going to work, ladies!!!! I desperately need the little bit of money it would provide me, but the manner in which she talks is overwhelming.

One more thing, she calls certain colored people a name that makes me want to vomit and she actually called one of her old caregivers a "B***H today to me. Then to top it off, after I cooked the noon meal (with leftovers for her supper this evening) she looks at the stove and tells me "You left a burner on". I glanced back and saw that they all said "OFF" so I explained that to her. She told me to go back and turn all the knobs until the little red light went off. On our stove, there is a light that reminds users the surface is still hot even though the burners are off so I thought that was the same thing with her stove. Not so, not so. I turned the knobs until the last one now said "MED" and then the light went off and that made her happy. How in the world was I supposed to know this, now I know why that burner never cooked the gravy and I had to switch burners!!!! Once I got the light off of the stove she then told me "No see, don't argue when you don't know what you are talking about." hahahhahaha

Really, and I didn't bolt for the door yet???????

Just yesterday, my husband told me that I did not have to do that work for that lady and sure enough, I just might be free of another 20 hrs a week!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me??????????

In other splendid news - we have our next doctor's appointment on Thursday and we are hoping to see if we are having a daughter or a son!!!!!! We are both so thrilled!! We still could not settle on a girl name (good thing my mom called to tell me that her friend's daughter dreamed and decided that I am having a boy - hahaha - I am not making this up) so out of the two, I told my husband just to call her by her name at the ultrasound so I will know ;) We are 100% sure on the boy name, so he will do the same thing and say "Look, baby ____!!!" I can't wait! We really are excited either way, but we are just thrilled that we are on the verge of knowing! I can't believe that I thought I would want to wait! That seems great too, but now we have been looking forward to this time too!

The countdown began Friday! Please God, let this child be a part of our life here on earth for a very long time and protect their little growing body so that they are healthy and full of life on their birhtday ;) Amen!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear if baby is a boy or girl! You write this post so well. I decided to laugh instead of cry! But, I can see why you would want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. you are earning time off purgatory for dealing with that woman! Haha! I've got to give you a lot of credit for not running out of there crying like I would've wanted to. But you're right, it's so crazy you've got to laugh. You have a great attitude!

    Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! It was so exciting finding out, I know you will be on cloud nine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't help it, I was laughing at the ridiculousness of this lady!!! It really could be a sitcom!!!! Unreal!!! I hope you don't go crazy. The woman is nuts!

    I am SO excited for you to find out the sex of your baby! I am on pins and needles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm LMBO!!!!!!!! So funny!

    I bet you had to bite your tongue! Do you think you might be able to soften her up over time? Or is she just born to cuss. ;)

    Please text me when you find out!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete