Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for all of your recent prayers!! We are so thankful!!

I can't describe how I felt just know that we were being lifted up in prayer, I felt a tremendous burden being lifted and I just enjoyed the day yesterday and so far today is going well, too!

I ended up starting my day at the lab (woo hoo) early yesterday and my friend who I was planning to walk with at her club forot because she ended up making a "DONUT DATE" for her kids and three other Moms with their kids. I was not bothered by her forgetting our plans, I forget things now and I am only taking care of myself :) She was so excited I was not working (hahaha) because I could join their little get together. Since it was still early and Iwanted to exercise, I went to the mall and walked! I was so proud of myself!! Then I rewarded myself with two donuts at my friends house :) I probably did not even burn enough calories walking to cover those two donuts!!! It was so good though and the company was amazing!! I felt so gifted to be around this amazing women who get what it means to live out Catholic motherhood with purpose!!! I loved it!! I have some of the most amazing friends ever! Two of the ladies were new to me, but I felt completely at ease around them. There were four moms, me, and their twelve kids (seven years old and under)!!!! I loved it all!!! All the sticky hands, good manners, outbursts ;) It gave me a glimpse at what my future looks like at this point.
I ended up staying almost all day and checked my phone to see if the insurance lady called and she never did. So I was determined to enjoy my day and live out "JOY"!
One of the most suprising and generous moments was when my friend offered to throw a shower for the me and the baby!!! I really did not grasp the generousity of her offer until later when I was telling my husband about it!! He was thrilled and it just got me even more excited. This friend of mine is the most gracious host and so generously gifted in kindness that I just felt complete peace that she was offering to help with all of it. I immediately told her of another friend of my who offered to help whoever would lead all of the shower planning!!! This other friend is amazing, generous, and such a huge supporter of Jessy and I throughout this journey - she is also so creatively gifted and so my friend who offered to help plan the shower was thrilled that my other friend is willing to help. I have a host of other friends and family who are offering assistance, so I am just filled with gratitude right now - suprised by the love that people are showing us!!! I am getting so excited . . . . but I have to admit, I think that I will be a ball of nerves when the shower rolls around. I am not much for being the center of attention and I still feel like an imposter ;) That being said, I am just so happy that friends of mine are planning to offer such a gift of time and talent!! Our hearts are thankful!!!!

The friend who offered to plan the shower is the same friend that I had the hardest time with her first pregnancy, the jealousy was outrageous -we had similar due dates (only a two years apart - pathetic, I know) and I remember just having to prepare myself for weeks to survive her shower. Not because I was not happy for her, I was just so unhappy that I could not get pregnant!! I have always been so thankful for all of my friends babies, the gift of life is precious, I would just sometimes get jealous that their bodies did not betray them the way mine had done. In hindsight, I wish I could change those emotions I experienced, but they were necessary. I was at the hospital when her first child was born and I left the room crying. What was wrong with me??? From that moment on, this friend knew how much I wanted a baby and she prayed for me and I think that is why I am just blown away at her generous spirit!!! I think that our friendship has been gifted with so much forgiveness, for that I am thankful that God allows me to know forgivess and love. When this same friend found out about her third pregnancy -she borught me a rose and a card (at work) to let me know. I remember that day so vividly!!! I cried tears of joy for thier family!!! I called her immediately with a heartfelt congratulations and offering support!!! I was thrilled that their family was growing, by that stage in my life it was not about what I did not have, but about celebrating the joy of others. My excitement was genuine, praise GOD!!!! God had done a mighty work in my heart over the years!!! Thank you sweet Jesus!!!

In other news, I think we may qualify for the state insurance program I was applying for and I am so relieved!!! I got to talk to the rep today and I found out why they were requesting more income verification. I explained to them that the months that they were requesting were months that I was working and bringing in a somewhat decent amount of money and had insuarnce - so we would not have qualified. I explained that we needed coverarage from July 1 through the duration of this pregnancy and post-partum (6 wks). She was fine with that and said we should have a letter in the mail soon!! PRAISE GOD!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PRAYERS!!! Yall are moving mountains in my life!!!

FYI - Bailey is sleeping on my lap as I am typing this and has her head right next to where the babe is growing!!! Either the baby will like her or not, but if anything the baby will recognize her purrrrrr!!! Gotta love it :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see this update. Yay about the insurance!!!

    Also, what a blessing that so many friends want to help honor you and this miracle baby. It truly is heartwarming to know that people care and have followed your struggle and prayed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it looks like you'll qualify for the insurance. What wonderful friends to offer the showers.

    ReplyDelete