Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nesting ;)

(the picture is a sample of the custom litter boxes my FIL builds, this one was custom made for my mom)

It has been so much fun hanging out with my sweet hubbie this weekend and together we are tackling one project after another . . . making room for baby bit!
We made HUGE progress today and it seems minimal, but it really was a big move for us. We have a smaller middle room and a larger back room and we plan to use the middle room for the baby so they will be closer to us. We had been using the middle room for the office/library/cat's litter box room. Yet, in the end - it became a hodge podge of JUNK!!! Slowly, I cleared alot of the junk and my husband did a great deal as well! So today was the time to make the move of the litter box. We moved around (no, he moved) furniture while I helped direct :) We ended up finding a great place that is discreet for the litter box and the cats are already accustomed to the new area.
The litter box is a custom made one that my FIL built for us because we used to have a bunch of little ones around and we made one that little ones could not happen to find the litter box and reach in and find a yucky suprise. There is a hallway of sorts once the cats enter it and then they have enough room to walk off the litter before they actually come out of the litter box. Spoiled kitties?? Yes, a cleaner and safer litterbox for little ones, definitely!
Our cats have been our babies for so long, it is only right that we make sure they are feeling a bit settled in the process of welcoming a new family member. We are planning the changes a little bit at a time.
After all this work, I promised my husband I would not ask him for a single honeydo for the rest of the weekend :) How many of you think that will last?? haahaa
I love the new set up and I just realized today that the crib we picked out will go perfect with the toy box we have that will go in the baby's room and is already filled with toys for a young child! We have a pretty well shelfed bookcase for the baby, but I really need to add a few more board (few words) books to our collection! I have been collecting books for our kids for many, many years!!! I loved that GIMH did the same thing! My father in law could build us a dresser/changing station to match once we purchase some wood.
So, now we are all pooped!! It is our mantra these days! We have stayed home all day and when we went out yesterday I convinced him to run by the grocery store so we could do our shopping now and could avoid the stores this weekend! It worked and I was able to buy 11 packs of meat (chicken & pork) and other essentials for a huge bargain. I am all about storing things up and it has become clear that the less you eat out the more groceries you need to keep at home! We don't hardly eat out anymore and it is pretty good for us!
I just made a birthday cake for my mother-in-law's birthday tomorrow - a lemon cake with lemon icing!!! YUM!!! I got everything ready for my husband to cook our dinner :) Isn't that funny? I cut all the meat and dumplings for HIM to make the chicken and dumplings! It is one of my favorite meals and I just cannot make it as good as he does!! I told him Little Bit wanted lots of dumplings and realized I will not be able to use that reason to get my way forever :)
We are cooking fried shrimp for my mother-in-laws dinner tomorrow, fresh gulf shrimp that they caught last season. It is going to be so good!! Can you tell that my appetite has finally returned!!! Praise God, my eyes are much bigger than my stomach these days though.
By the way, my day was made even more fantastic with PHDW's news of precious Alana Clare's miraculous arrival into their family!!! Praise God!!! Congratulations to the new parents, we are thrilled for you!!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat litter box and a great FIL! You need to post some more pictures once you have the nursery done. I'm glad you are having fun nesting. Glad to hear your appetite returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...WOW. THat sounds pretty amazing for your cat!! We have a cat, too, and I'm not sure how to handle where she sleeps when the baby (hopefully) comes next month. She always sleeps at the bottom of our bed, but I don't want to risk her hurting the baby in the middle of the night! What are you going to do?

    Post pics of the nursery! (and the inside of that litter box...I'm still amazed!)

    You've had a very busy weekend!!! Love that nesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a litterbox? Wow!!!! I think that is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete