Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Breathing a sigh of relief!

I got to hear our babe's gorgeous heartbeat today!!!
PRAISE GOD!

There was no ultrasound today, so my doctor was hoping to be able to find the babe's heartbeat with just the fetal doppler. At first, she was unable to find it because there was so much static on the little machine. I prayed as I layed on that table and then praise God - Little Bit's heartbeat came out loud and clear! It was miraculous! I was crying, I was so happy! I am just amazed that there is a baby growing in there! I was able to have my aunt (the one who is like a mom to me, but unable to have children of her own) with me and she cried tears of joy today, too! It was so special for her and the very first time she got to ever hear a baby still in the womb's heartbeat! Like I have always said, this baby was not just an answered prayer for my husband and I, but for so many people in my family and beyond. This baby is already changing people's hearts for God!! My aunt told me today that she would sometimes forget to pray during the day because she would get distracted, so she set an alarm at her phone to remind her to pray everyday! I told her that was a great idea and then she told me that she started that when she found out this little baby was coming and so she prays everyday at 10am for the baby and us! God, I knew our child would be an answer many prayers and I thank you for this gift!

My body has changed quite a bit, my belly was always big, but it has changed shapes dramatically and I find it so funny! I have been having such a change in eating patterns (not much of an appetite or just craving healthier choices) so I was pleasantly suprised today that my weight is less now than it was a few weeks ago. I am about the same weight I was for my two surgeries with Dr. H, but now I am 15 weeks pregnant, so I am pleased. I am wearing some maternity clothes and still wearing a few of my stretchy pants! I have always been really well endowed in my chest, but my belly is now poking out further than my chest. It is really weird to see, I am loving ever bit of it! Running to the bathroom has become less frequent and the nasea is improving. I struggled with a terrible headache/sinus problems, but I finally gave in a took a tylenol tonight and feel a relief from the pounding in my temples.

It rained all day here! I was driving home in the rain, could barely see through the windshield, and dealing with a pounding headache so I was praying so hard to just make it home! As soon as I did, I took a hot shower (I forgot to say that before I could drive home I had to get gas in the whipping rain and was wet and messy) and then I was able to relax and do some chores while I was waiting for my meat to defrost for dinner! Thank God, my husband came home and helped me cut it up! I hate the smell of raw meat these days :)

Tomorrow is our 10th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!

I love my husband so much and everyday is a gift when I get to wake up to his warm embrace :)

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I bet it was the best sound ever. Happy anniversary tomorrow!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is the happiest post! I love it!!! And how inspiring that your baby is prompting others to turn to God in prayers! Amazing!! Go Little Bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! I know how reassuring that heartbeat is!

    And happy anniversary.. You have a wonderful reason to celebrate a little extra this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing so reassuring like hearing the heartbeat. I love your line that this baby is bringing others to prayer. So true! When you leave the cross of childlessness people truly have their eyes wide open and hearts re-kindled when they see your child. Our little daughter is the source of praise to our entire parish. I sometimes think: no wonder we had to wait 10 years for her--we had to be prepared to be parents of a little star! You sound great in your post and I love the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful to hear of your sweet baby's progress and how he or she is touching other people's lives as well. It reminded me of how my 92-year-old grandmother, who is typically not very "religious," tells me every time we talk that she prays for us and our baby every single night. That makes my heart happy!

    Oh, I can't wait to see all the wonders of this pregnancy unfold. Soon you'll know the gender and then you'll be able to feel flutters and then kicks. I'm so excited for you!

    I hope you are enjoying your special anniversary today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! What a great gift to hear the heartbeat the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! so happy you were able to hear the baby's heartbeat again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 10th Anniversary!! That heartbeat is just the best sound in the world isn't it!??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally got a chance to come over and get caught up with you... Wow! You've had a lot going on! So glad to hear that you and Little Bit are doing well and sorry to hear about your job. Happy 10th Anniversary!! You, J and Little Bit remain in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete