Monday, May 10, 2010

Today's Ultrasound

Today's ultrasound went great. I was completley nervous, as usual! I don't really know why we are doing them every week right now, but I know that it is comforting me.

I am having a bit of pain on the right side of my uterus (at least I think that is it). I asked the u/s tech if the baby seemed to be more positioned on the right and he said the baby does seem to favor the right. Well, we did both the abdominal u/s and he quickly found the baby and I could see that little heart fluttering away! He turned the volume up and I could hear the heartbeat. It was a little hard to hear, though. With the abdominal u/s, he was measuring the baby at 8w6d. That is much further than last time and we were both thinking we could get a better picture of the baby with a vaginal u/s. That one showed the baby at 7w5d. Awesome!! My heart is still fluttering, the baby's heartbeat was a whopping 170!!!!! God is good!

With the abdominal u/s, he pressed really hard on the right side, where I was feeling slight pain and now it is still there. I am praying that that pain is due to stretching, growing, or even round ligament pain. We shall see. I am amazed, utterly amazed!!!

This picture is a bit blurry, but you can see the arm buds and leg buds sticking out!!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of your little one!! Wow! Truly a dream come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those are completely legit causes for pain and no cause for worry. This appt sounds perfect-I love the pics and the sound of a heartbeat is so amazing. I am sure the doc is just monitoring you close to make you feel better and because he is a good doc. I am thrilled for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering how I could get on weekly appointments! ;)

    I can't believe the growth in one week! Amazing!!!

    I can't believe it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you're both doing well. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful beautiful!!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I ad tons of pain all over sometimes one-sided but I understand your worries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay you heard the heartbeat howwonderful. I'll be keeping you in my daily rosary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much ladies!!! I love being able to receive your prayers for both myself and for our miracle baby! The pain went away that night! I think these were stretching pains!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome!!! That is such a beautiful sight! Still praying and still so excited!

    ReplyDelete