Thursday, May 13, 2010

The past few days have been so busy! Some amazing parts and some that left me in tears.

Last night was absolutely perfect. God was so generous to all our spirits as we celebrated the outpouring of the Holy Spirit! There are 21 high school students and 4 adults confirmed! Praise God!

The Bishop taught us so much about courage, Jesus, and the Eucharist. I was in awe the entire time and fully aware at the miracle of life growing inside of me. I am thrilled to be allowed to share the Eucharist in such a profound way with Little Bit.

I am still a bit in shock that we are even expecting a baby. It all still feels a bit surreal. I feel like at any point in time, the rug could be pulled out from under us again and we will find ourselves flat on our rears and trying to figure out of faith, our God all over again.

I am counting down the days to the next ultrasound!!! I love seeing that the baby is thriving. I got to share with a priest today at how much we can see of the baby, even at this age and he was amazed! I shared with him our journey up until now and told him about the work of Dr. Hilgers and PPVI. Who knows where that will lead, but he was really surprised that no ART was involved. I shared more information in the hopes that he knows a couple who may need some support or some answers.

Let us pray for all of those couples who are still searching for answers!

I was able to talk about my concerns about my work situation with this same priest and he had some of the same suggestions as my spiritual director. Basically, that it may be best for me and the babe to get out of my work environment. I asked him if they could just fire me and he said yes, he asked me to pray about it and discern how to handle this. I am concerned about losing my maternity care and income. It is not much but it does pay a few bills. I will keep trying to look for other employment, but I am praying that I can do something from home and possibly get the assistance for medical care. My husband’s plan does not cover maternity care at all. I know that God is in all of this somehow and he will provide for all of our needs! I have always dreamed and hoped to care for my children myself and be a homemaker, so I am praying that God is leading me there. Only God knows. My husband is worried and it is not helpful. I am trying to stay until they decide to let me go, but that is pretty stressful. I figure I could get unemployment for awhile.

Please know that my prayers continue for all of you and your families!

1 comment:

  1. I think you would want them to fire you because then you can get unemployment and sit at home and grow little bit....The state picks you up for maternity care right away....You don't pay a dime. :) So this could be a good thing....

    ReplyDelete