Monday, May 3, 2010

In awe . . .

They say that Disney World is the most magical place on earth, even the happiest.

Well, today, the happiest place on earth was that little ultrasound room!

Jessy was able to meet me for the ultrasound and I was a complete basketcase. Full of nerves. I would wake up in the middle of the night last night to pray.

I prayed for a living baby all snuggled up (in the right place) with a strong heartbeat and my prayers were answered! We were able to see our baby in the location they should be in, my womb, and the most magical image we could ever hope to see - a strong fluttering heartbeat. Words could not express the joy that was overflowing in that moment. I was crying tears of joy in those moments.


The heartbeat was strong - 130 bpm! That number is etched in my heart.

Jessy called me later after I got out of the f/u ob appointment and I asked if he was on cloud nine and he told me he was way past cloud nine - he was on cloud twelve.

I keep asking myself "Is this really real?" In the u/s room as I was watching the baby's heartbeat flutter rapidly on the screen I said "Wow, this is a complete miracle. Is this really happening?"

The u/s tech and the assistant (trainee) was talking about how far along I am and they calculated that based on the crown to rump length, I am about 6w4d with and EDD of December 23, 2010. Jessy said to me "Wow, you were really close thinking it was 6w5d!!" The u/s tech was impressed I would have such a close estimate and I told him about CrMS. Then for some reason, when I brought the u/s report to the doctor, the report said 6w2d with an EDD of December 25, 2010. I was in awe once again. I now know that EDD are just a general idea, but God is really up to something here.

It was a bit bittersweet because the u/s tech shared with me that the other two u/s he did that morning did not reveal good results. I could not help but beg God to send angels to comfort those ladies/families. It is still heavy on my heart and I still wonder at this mystery of life . . . how fragile all of it is and how very sacred that we must always entrust these little ones to God.

I told Jessy this morning "I brought out the big guns!!! I called in all the Saints" I have been praying a novena to St. Gerard. Praying with St. Gianna and St. Therese and asking the intercession of Sam and Nicky, as well as St. Joseph, St. Nicholas, and our Blessed Mother.

There is one small thing that does have me a bit concerned. I found a small, red, inflamed area in the inner center of my right breast last thursday. I got alarmed, but tried to remain calm. Dr. Hilgers' nurses suggested I wait to see if my local doctor felt we needed to do anything about it. For a while it stayed inflamed and grew a bit, but I kept cleaning the area with hibiclens, using hot compresses on it to draw anything to the surface as needed, but while it became reduced and improved greatly, there is still a small area present. The doctor looked at it today and got pretty aggressive about pursuing it and it rattled me a bit. She gave me some safe antibiotics to take for seven days and scheduled to have me do have an u/s done on this area on Wednesday. I am hoping it will clear up by then. It has already improved about 80%. It is not tender to the touch, but I want it to be nothing.

God is amazing. I am glad I have a good doctor. They have me scheduled for two more ob appts in the next two weeks with fetal heartbeat monitoring and u/s. My prayers continue . . . for a safe, healthy baby and delivery.

Thank you for all of your prayers, you all remain in my prayers!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, praise God! Crystal, I prayed for a living baby, nestled in just the right place, and that you would see that amazing heartbeat today! I'm beyond excited for you -- I might be on cloud 12 with your hubby. :) Praying that your miracle baby will keep growing and growing until he or she is in your arms at Christmas!

    Much love to you and continued prayers about this area of concern on your breast.

    Big hugs & tears of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!!!! I am sooo happy for you both!!! And a Christmas baby at that!!! Miraculous!!! Love it!!!

    Praying for you always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! I knew it would be GREAT!

    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered if you'd had an u/s today from your FB status. I'm so glad to hear that it went well and I'm even more glad that J got to be there with you!

    I'm sorry I haven't e-mailed you back. You were already at the top of my L&D intentions but I'm adding prayer for your breast as well.

    I like both the EDD's. Paul and I were engaged on December 23 so that is a very special date for me. Although the likelihood is very low of having a baby on your EDD especially in light of my post today, I think God uses EDD's to help calm our fears. I'm keeping the 3 of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got your voicemail! So wonderful that everything looks like it should. Very cool EDD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day, indeed!!!

    I am so very happy for you, and for this blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!!! We are so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did they send you home with a pic? That is fantastic news!!!!! I love to see the baby ticker grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I have ultrasound pictures!!!

    I will try to upload it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God for good news!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So thrilled for you to have experienced that amazing moment together! I was hoping to see this news when I headed over here! It sounds like you are in great hands with the doc staying on top of things and also monitoring the red area too. Antibiotics can only help! Keeping you in my prayers-a Christmas baby it is! Many are late with the first one by a few days or even weeks, so Christmas, New Years, wonderful season to have a little one! I am not surprised your dates were close!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yippee!!!! I am so very, very happy for you! It was what we were all praying for!! Like a dream! And, extra prayers for the red area.

    Can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for a happy heartbeat nestled in the right place! Praise God for such good news! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete