Tuesday, September 1, 2009

3rd TRIP

Yes, today I went for my third trip to the freaking dentist. Thursday of last week, one of my teeth began to bother me so first thing friday I called to make an appt before the weekend. Well, my dentist was out of town for a week, but they recommended two other dentists. Then to find a dentist that works on friday is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I thought that I had struck gold in finding a dentist. Well, the first visit went well (I thought) and they were very kind. Well, after I get home and all of the pain meds wear off I realized the problem was still there. So I nursed a fever much of the weekend, ate on only one side of my mounth, and only drank lukewarm water on the one side of my mouth. I could think of a thousand better ways to spend the weekend. Well, on Monday it still hurt, so I went back and they said that they just needed to adjust my bite and that the pain would be gone by tomorrow (today). Needless to say, they gave me no pain meds or numbing stuff while they worked on my bite (which was not the real problem) and I was two seconds away from beating all of them up, good thing I am a christian. Well, I waited and HOPED that I would miraculously wake up today pain free, but that was not to be. I went in for the third time today and he drilled out the old filling and refilled it. If it is not fixed this time I swear I want to turn him into the ADA!!! But only after getting myself to a real dentist. Now I feel like I am coming down with a sore throat and all of this would have to be happening right before a long weekend. I am hoping I am better by the weekend so I can try to have some fun and good relaxiation! I would like to say that I am offering all of up, but you know what, I am not suffering well. I am whiny and pathetic. Suprised my sweet hubby can live with me.
One last thought, today someone that I know in passing and who knows my in-laws asked me if J and I had any kids. I openly said "Two, but both are in heaven." She seemed really taken aback and then opened up to me about how her sister is having all kinds of trouble with secondary infertility. In fact, she has one six year old and had four miscarriages with the last one just having had happen in the last month. This lady acknowledged how hard it is to talk to her sister bc she never feels like she can ever say the right thing to bring her sister comfort. She did try, but while others may thing it turned out ok, I was just really bothered by what she did. She invited her sister to see a healer. When they went to see the healer, he prayed over her and then told her she needed to pray, have faith, and trust. Who says this woman did not have faith, or trust, or prayed for that matter? Faith, trust, and prayers do not gurantee that you will not lose a baby or get pregnant.
I am amazed that I can be open at times, I guess God knows when to let me know that it is time to be vulnerable so that a door can be opened. I shared some information with this lady and I hope that somehow medical intervention can help this woman be able to bring new life into her family. Nothing is ever easy, but when you are dealing with something so difficult it can be so disheartening when the people you love the most dismiss it as a lack of faith issue.
I wish I could give Kudo awards to those who get it right!

One last thing, last night, I rocked and put my youngest godchild/nephew to sleep and watching those little eyes locked in step with my as he was drifting of too sleep nearly broke my heart into a million pieces. When will it ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment