Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dry as Desert thanks to clomid!

Dry. . . this is a good way to describe so many things right now. I am just feeling so dry spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I am staying tired. I am managing to get past this bug that has been taking residence in my body, but not a moment too soon. I still have some awful coughing spells, but overall better. In a very personal note, I am having nearly non-existent CM. I thought maybe it was the illness affecting things or the shot I got, but it is still not improved. I talked with a nurse today and she reminded me that the Clomid dries you out. What in the world. We need some cooperation here!!! I told her that I am already taking the B6 and Fertile CM. She reminded me that I am on a very high dose of clomid (cd3-50mg, cd4-100mg, cd5-100mg, cd6-100mg, and cd7-50mg) and this is probably what is messing with the CM. I am really disappointed and just feeling so overwhelmed by the meds, charting, phone calls, and consults. How will I be able to tell if I ovulate? I need to be able to figure out my Peak day so that I can get the p+7 draw to find out what level my hormones are at and if they are in a safe zone for J and I to try to conceive. You have to have great CM to ovulate right or can you be fertile and still not observe any 10, k, or s? I did see 8k one time this weekend? Could this be all I see?
This blog is full of questions. I am going crazy. I keep having hot flashes. I am questioning everything I observe? The only thing that I have going for me is that I am not crying all the time, now I am just ready to bust everybody in the face if they don't do everything EXACTLY the way I want!!! I am not even kidding.
This weekend was hard for me . . family gatherings and IF do not make for a happy day. I told J that I am tired of having to be around people with children. How sad is that? I would miss out on some really wonderful people and friends if I refused to open myself up to the fertile world. It is still hurts to see people have children easily and then never care for them the way they deserve. It makes my heart sick. There are so many worries on my heart these days . . . I don't know how to keep a good perspective on things these days. It is hard to see my mom not feel well, she battles depression and I am still not convinced that she is safe from all that terrbile cancer. Family events stress me out!
It is time to end this horrible post. If any of you have had some experience like this on the clomid, please let me know. I could use some perspective or some words of hope.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you are having issues with clomid. I don't think that great CM is required for ovulation, just for a good likelihood of pregnancy (hopeful TCIE will answer too).

    I'm sorry you are having a hard time dealing with family events. I'll be praying for your mom's health

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a pg in a dry cycle for a woman on clomid, so it can happen. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very honest post and I thank you for your openness on this blog. I wanted to recommend something called P-5-P. It's the coenzyme formula of B6 meaning your body doesn't have to metabolize it through your liver in order for it to work in your system. As soon as you take it, it's immediately usable by your body and since B6 is water soluble we need all the help we can get. Also, we need it to stay in our system as long as possible to help with CM and you can take one in the morning and one in the evening for a time-released effect. This really helped my CM this past cycle and I was on Clomid as well. You can find it online or locally at a health food or vitamin store. My husband and I will be praying for you. Blessings, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was dry too on Clomid plus it thinned out my lining...which meant it was recommended that I don't do another cycle of that med. Really? Would it take a genious to figure that out? (I'm being sarcastic.). I only knew I ovulated due to the fact I had a u/s done and I did an HC.g injection. Otherwise...I was thoroughly lost with the charting. Ugh! I have no idea how much cm is needed for pg. From the napro perspective...I believe the more the merrier. I'd try to conceive anyway...you just never know but God does!! Good luck this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get pregnant on a dry cycle with little or no noticable CM. I'm on 100 mg clomid and it does dry up your CM. I had 1 + cycle with NO cm and another + cycle with very little compared to pre-clomid days. Make sure you're drinking tons of water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could give you some personal experiences with Clomid, but I haven't been fortunate enough to try it yet. I know it can dry you out and some women experience experience seriously foul moods. I believe they call it the Clomid Monster. I know you're fertile while on Clomid - supposedly more so than usual - but I'm not sure how you can find peak without the CM unless you're using the sticks or some sort of fertility monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crapola! That is a a lot of clomid! Go LIM! I get hot flashes on my 25mg of clomid. I mean strip at the front door I am so dang hot, hot flashes! And they last for me a few days after I am done taking clomid and every day I am on them. Plus I get odd twinges in my breasts. It's wierd.

    Can they get you amox 4xs a day while on clomid. That gives me the best mucus ever?

    But I think I might be CD11 and still dry which is odd, I think....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I know what you mean about how hard family events and people with children can be ... and then I feel even sadder, because I don't want to miss out on having a baby AND on having relationships and friendships with all these people. But it's really hard.
    As for the clomid -- my doctor said it does often dry people out, but that "it also works. people get pregnant on it." CM provides fluid for the sperm to travel through and live in, but it is not necessary for ovulation. Just very helpful for sperm travelling.

    I used amoxicillan, mucinex and b6 to help create a little bit of CM this past month. Next month if it is still bad I plan to use "pre-seed," a lubricant that does not kill sperm.

    As for confirming the ovulation day, I was really confused too! I used an ovulation predictor kit from the drug store and took my temperature to confirm. it's too hard to do it just based on CM when taking clomid.

    (ps I just started taking 50 mg this past cycle)

    ReplyDelete