Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bad Side Effects

I got my prescription of the hyrdocort on tuesday afternoon and planned to start taking them on wednesday morning. I took the first one with breakfast and had a horrible headache develop slowly all day and then I took the second one with lunch (after the meal) and got so very sick. I had the worst nausea and the slightest movements would make me want to vomit. Sorry for being so blunt, but it was horrible. In the midst of all of this, I got a call at work from my mom who never calls me at the office to tell me that one of my dear aunts died all of the sudden at 9:00 that morning and we were not expecting her to die. She was only 45 and had been having some mild chest pains the night before but refused to go to the hospital and then when she woke up she tried to call 911, but they arrived a little too late. The saddest part is she was very ill with many concerns and depression was very difficult for her so she no longer worked full time out of the home, but tried her best to give her son a good life with his mom. Her son will turn 14 tomorrow. He is very sad and I can't even imagine how horrible the feelings of loss are for him since this was so unexpeted. Well, I tried to be with my family after I left work, but I was miserable from the meds, stress, I don't know what it was. I barely made it home before I had to plop in front of the ceramic throne in the bathroom. I hate throwing up and once I did my stomach settled down. My head continued to throb all evening and through the night. J tried to get me to eat, but I could barely eat the kids buger he got me from BK. I was supposed to cook for him last night, but I could barely walk without getting sick to my stomache. I am really tired of being sick and I wonder if I would ever be okay to care for children if we were lucky enough to have one by any means. By now you all know that I don't really mind which way I get to become a mother, I just want to love a child that I can care for and who will need me to be their mommy. Anyway, so this post seems to be going in circles. I took today and tomorrow off to spend some time with my family for the funeral and while it took everything out of me to get out of bed, shower, dressed, and to that funeral home today, I did it, but was unable to stay the whole afternoon. I still had not eaten anything or taken my meds, so I left my family at noon, picked up some chicken and came home and ate. I also got a regular, caffine coke to go with my meal. I had not had caffine in probably 4 days so I don't know if that is what happened with the headache or not. Right now, I am feeling much better and am watching the rain.
In regard to my last post, I guess once you write about it, something changes. I saw 10KL twice yesterday and once so far today. Someone reminded me to drink lots of water and so even though I felt so bad, I kept drinking water. Thanks alot for helpful suggestions.
So, I am really confused about what to do about the new meds to help with the adrenal issues I am having. I believe that I must need the meds, but those are side effects that I can't live with. I was not functional at all. I fell asleep in my chair in the living room at 8:00 pm. I don't really know if my reaction to the death is what had me so sick, or the meds, of the lunch that I had at work. There was some kind of pork and gravy with some kind of alcohol that was used to tenderize the meat and that could have not agreed with my stomach. I don't drink alcohol at all because it makes me sick, so this could have been a factor. I have been eating a whole lot less lately bc of my tooth and I have been trying to get this to work to my advantage so I can lose some pounds. I am so happy to report that I have lost about 8 lbs lately. I hope it stays off and I can lose even more.
I told J that at least my Aunt gets to meet our babies and her baby that she loss because of an ectopic pregnancy. While we are so sad that she is no longer with us to cut-up and celebrate life's milestones, we are so thankful she is no longer in pain or suffering. We are terribly sad that she will not see her son get married or finish school or meet her grandchildren here on earth, but she will always live on in our hearts. I used to spend alot of my summers with her and we would always go to the beach and tan or go to themeparks. She was fun and was a phenomenal dancer. She was very creative and could make about anything. She was wonderful in arranging flowers and worked for many years in a flowershop. She loved being a mother and loved her family. I think that is a life well lived. May she forever rest in peace.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your aunt. I'll be praying for her soul and for your family. I hope that your side effects stop quickly and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iwill pray for your aunt..may she be resting peacefully in heaven. Gosh...45 is young..I will pray for her son too.
    I've cut back on my caffiene but have not given it up altogether due to the withdrawl side effects I get...which include a migraine, throwing up etc. It's horrible. I have to do it gradually...very gradually...maybe by the sip. I am so addicted! I hope you are feeling better too. I hate throwing up ...especially when I'm not home. Drink your water and 7-U.P...with crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt. I'll keep her and her son in my prayers.

    So sorry to hear you have been so sick. Has your doctor mentioned licorice to you as an alternative to the hydrocortisone? I don't know much about it, but apparently black licorice, the real stuff, can also help adrenal fatigue. My doctor told me that if I coudln't handle the meds, that licorice was my only other option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you take your first dose with food? what is the dose your Dr started you with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your aunt....Gosh, she was so young and her poor baby. Who will care for him?

    Sorry you are having adverse affects of the meds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your aunt. And her son, so young to lose his mother. Poor kid.

    You don't sound like you're having a great time rught now. Are there any other medications you could try? It sounds like the cure is worse than the disease. There must be something else out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I pray that all those good memories of your aunt and the faith that you'll see her again will get you through this tough time. Praying for your family, and hoping you will figure out what has you feeling so awful. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete