Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have managed to get out of that funk from Sunday. I am doing better, depends on what you call better. Seriously, I am cd4 and on my second day of clomid. I will continue the high clomid dose and all of the other meds will remain the same. I asked if we should if I was ready, biologically, to try to achieve pregnancy again and got the most ambigious answer. The told me, "well if you try to achieve their is still a chance you will miscarry . .. but it is a very small chance." Just tell me no for goodness sakes. We will see what the month holds. That is really all I can say about that. We can have the best of intentions and they can fly right out of the window! I think we are going to try to see if my levels stay up. DH and I agree that we will try to wait one more month. I can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of a new month. It just seems as though time is passing me by. I am so tired of writing out checks to doctors, labs, and pharmacies. Speaking of pharmacies, I found a great way to get my Glucophage XR 500 mg and Prenatal for a 1/3 of the cost and the clomid is only $9.99 at Wal.green's with their prescription card.
I have been terribly sassy and foul-mouthed today. I don't know if this is related to the clomid?
I feel sorry for my mom, she is on Femera (sp?) bc of her breast cancer. She says it just makes her mean and hard to get along with - is this common? She will be having a hysterectomy next week. This apparently is common with recovering from breast cancer.
On a fun note, one of my dear friends had her birthday today and I delivered her a sweet little individual cake for her birthday! It was so much fun to suprise her and do something nice for her since she is always taking care of others.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better than you had a few days ago. I can't believe that they had to point out the small chance of miscarriage; that's not cool. I hope that this month's hormone levels look as good as last time. I'll be praying for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are feeling much better today. Isn't it cool how doing something nice for someone else can actually lift us out of our sadness?

    I don't understand the response you got about the "small chance of miscarriage." On average, don't about 1 on 3 pregnancies miscarry even in healthy bodies? What I am saying is that I am not sure it should stop people from still trying. I guess, what I am saying is that I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling in a better mood. It's okay to be sassy every once in a while, though. And I agree with Lifehopes. Since I imagine there is no 0% chance of not miscarrying in anyone's pregnancy, esp. early on, they probably can't tell any patient that it definitely won't happen. Even early on in mine, the doctor clearly told me that after about 12 or 13 weeks we would be more in the clear than at the 11 week visit we had. Even seeing the first u/s at 11 weeks, she didn't guarantee that all would be okay because they just can't and it was still early. That just says to me how much this is all in God's hands. You just do what feels right for you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete