Sunday, December 28, 2008

questions about hcg injections

I administer my first hcg injection last night and the actual injection was very uneventful, but the prep left me nutty (see yesterday's post). I think that I did the right dosage, I will have to talk with the nurses tomorrow to reassure myself. Well, anyway, assuming I did it right, I am a little confused about how I am feeling. Overall, my emotions are pretty good, which is usually the first thing to go (HA). But as I was going to bed last night, I was so HOT! I could not get comfortable and just felt like I was burning up. Then I woke up chilly and piled the blankets on myself. I woke up around 8am to take my t3 and ran to the bathroom and discovered 10KL. My peak day was three days ago. I really wondered immediately if I could ever do anything right. What is wrong with me?? I then went into the kitchen and was hungry and we really need to go to the grocery store and one of the only things we still had in the refridgerator was some leftover chocalate cookie dough from the cookies for Christmas and so I made 6 cookies, and drank the rest of our milk. Then I headed back off to bed :(. Talk about a bum. And it is Sunday. Well, that is not it. When I finally woke up, it was 2:48 PM!!!!! I called my husband (he went hunting this morning with some friends) and he was already in our living room. He said did not crawl back in bed with me because he did not want to wake me up bc I looked completely passed out! What is up with me. Well, now we are fixing to have some lunch, he he. It is some great leftovers from last night. So I guess I have two questions. (1) does the hcg injections possibly make you really restful and sleepy? (2) Is it common to have a return of peak-type mucus with the intro of these meds?
thanks for any light you may be able to shed on this!!!!
Peace to you all!

3 comments:

  1. I hope someone answers you! I am so interested in knowing what is going on!?? What the heck!!! OH my gosh I hope this is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the HCG injections but I doubt i'll be any help however I'll share my experience just incase. I've never really experienced sleepiness, actually i remember a friend of mine saying that she felt it gave her more energy so I hope this doesn't confuse you. The only effect i get from the hcg injection is redness in the area i injected it into and it feels like a bruise for about a day (apparently that's normal though).
    I don't think that the mucus has anything to do with the shots but then again i'm no doctor so just make sure to bring all these feelings and out of the norm symptoms to your doctor.

    I hope it turns out well for you!! Let me know what your doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment was great and it made a lot of sense! And believe it or not it hasn't been as difficult as I expected. The first two months were kind of an accident, 1 we took a break, then Creighton fell in our laps, and then BAM surgery. So it seems like that passage you told me about. There is a time for it, and there is a not a time for it. Makes a lot of sense.

    What did the nurse say??? Did you shoot too much HCG in you? Yes, I went to grade school, but I don't write English well! :)

    ReplyDelete