Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Perspective

First of all, I just want to thank you all for those very needed and encouraging words! I even read some of the comments to my husband and he had a sense of relief as well! I really panicked with the news about my blood levels, but my wise husband refused to worry. He just gently reminded me to go back and look at results from the previous blood draw. I did my first and only other blood draw in mid-January 2008 and my estrodoil and and progesterone were much lower at that time. My progesterone levels at that time was 0.68 and my estrodoil results were 2.2. So since my two surgeries, my progesterone level has multiplied 6xs and my estrodoil has tripled. This is not finite math, but it shows that there has been some improvement. At the time of the first blood draw, I was experiencing one of my cycles of having very irregular bleeding (I had been bleeding very heavy for over 40 days straight). So I am not real sure if this is the sole factor in explaining the change, but I just have to put my faith in the fact that the levels are at least starting to increase! I am now looking foward to hearing back from PPVI because I truly believe that God has a great purpose in all of this! It is so startling to me that my emotions can spiral out of control so quickly. Oh well, God is in this with me!
I am starting to feel a small amount of abdominal cramping and some other tell-tale signs that a new cycle is about to begin. It may sound really nuts, but I was really hoping to conceive this cycle. It was just such a strong urge and I think that these new developments really disappointed me. My husband and I had a really great heart to heart this evening and agreed that we really need to trust in the wisdom of Dr. Hilgers and not rush the healing process and that we should not count any time as "lost time" or "wasted time". This really made me feel free and at peace! Well, I am heading off get ready to go to sleep. I have been getting lots of sleep lately and I am loving it! I have been having some type of meeting, prayer group, or something of the sort lately every night for the last week and it is usually not so busy. As a youth minister, I used to tell my kids this quote that now seems meant for me. I will leave you all with this quote "If the devil can't make you bad, God will make you busy!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow those numbers are astounding! Now if they could triple 10 more x's we would all be happy! Hoping of course, not expecting! :) Well expecting, and hoping. That's better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time and commenting on my current not so lovely situation! But from the sounds of it we might make it through! I am really glad I blogged my frustrations!

    Thanks for also reminding me to tone my temper. I need to be kind when I am asking for money to fall from the sky!!!! hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete