Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Struck Down!

I am a little sad and trying so hard not to be! I had my first P+7 blood draw yesterday for monitoring of my progesterone and estrodiol levels (not sure if spelling is right)! I then talked with Carol at PPVI this afternoon to talk about cycle reviews. She told me that they already had my results from yesterday's blood work!! What?? I just did it yesterday and it was just shipped with dry ice yesterday at the very earliest! She told me that the results were probably not what he wanted to see at this stage in the game. What a tremendous blow! I asked her what we could do about these concerns and she said that Dr. Hilgers will review it and get back to me. What I looked up on the internet showed this as a concern for early menopause! I really freaked out because I am just really being fully hopeful to being able to conceive new life and receive that great gift and responsibility from God. I find myself deeply praying for him to bring forth and knit a brand new life in my womb. Does anyone have any hope out there for me or could someone explain this to me? Keep in mind that the blood draw was on cd 24 and it revealed that my Progesterone level was 4.8 (which the nurse said that Dr. Hilgers likes to have it be at 13 or above) and my Estradiol level was 6.6 (which should be at 12 or above).

What am I supposed to do now. May God bless me indeed and be all that I need.

On a side note, I was tremendously blessed with great advent inspiration and was gently reminded last night that grief touches us all and if we can have the courage to wait for the light that will dispel the darkness, we will be able to be used by God in such a tremendous way! I will try to post more inspiration that I recieved last night at a later time. But a very dear nun that I know and that I have never shared my struggle with getting pregnant with, but she came up to me after the evening of recollection and told me that she has been praying for me to get pregnant! She said that she has a certain prayer that she wants my husband and I to pray daily that she has given to other couples over the years who have shared in our struggle. I am just fascinated that God revealed this to her and she is obediently praying for us! As you know, we can use all the prayers we can receive at this time!

5 comments:

  1. WAIT! Don't DR. GOOGLE!!!! Don't believe it! Our God is bigger than that!!! One girl one here and I don't know her blogname, in my panic to get this to you, is pregnant, even when the doctors said she is in early menopause!!!! There is no possible way that she can be pregnant, but she is!! So there is hope. You never know what napro has under their sleeve, Dr. Hilgers will get back to you! I wish they had a Napro google for you just to ease your mind. But Dr. Hilgers will get back to you!

    I am sorry this is bad news for you to hear right now. But maybe it is good to know that something needs to be fixed. :) The plumber is on his way to fix your plumbing. You have such a sweet innocent faith, keep the faith my dear! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just read the rest of your post! That is amazing! Like an angel messenger from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. that is kind of my "diagnosis". yet my dr. was always stumped that i still have regular cycles. i think the science of it all is just a guessing game. i am in love with the idea of adopting ALL of our children. my desire for biological children is completely gone. BUT, it wouldn't ever surprise me if i turned up pregnant. we never know what God has in store for us. and the doctors can only make an educated guess. you have a big and powerful God speaking to you. cling to what HE is telling you! (i know it feels like a roller-coaster of emtions. hang in there!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this today. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when it comes to hormone levels, each lab is different, so you can't compare your 4.8 to someone else's. I know you have heard from PPVI that Dr. Hilgers wants it to be a 13, so you do have a scale to go by, but that's all you know. So don't look online yet! It'll just drive you crazy and it most likely isn't even accurate (this coming from someone who googles everything and freaks out, though, so feel free not to listen to me!!). And while it might be low, there might be an easy fix!

    Praying for you tonight. And what a great blessing about the nun! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, do NOT listen to google!! Google has not done the 30+ years of research on progesterone levels that PPVI has (more than anyone in the world, in fact!!)- and, as a Practitioner, I can tell you that news like this is one of the BEST "diagnoses" you can get in Creighton. Low progesterone is a very simple fix in NaPro!! There are a NUMBER of things they can do to boost those hormone levels, each very successful, but they will cater it to your specific situation. You are NOT in early menopause, google can put a sock in it!

    Have you read Women Healed yet? I highly recommend this book, you can buy it online at PPVI, or most NaPro centers have a copy you may be able to sign out. It is full of women's testimonies about being healed with NaPro/Dr. Hilgers, and in many cases they started out with low progesterone levels at P+7.

    ReplyDelete