Monday, December 29, 2008

Thank God for Great Friends

First of all, just a quick note about the hcg shots. I was able to speak to a nurse today and she confirmed that we did well with mixing the meds. We did all the measurements right. Thank God. Then, I learned that 2000 units of hcg is equal to .5 cc's. They don't teach you that in high school or even college for that matter or I just didn't learn it. Well, it turns out that I only gave myself .2 cc's on Sat and I just gave myself the right dose of .5 cc's this evening. So far, so good. The nurse was very comforting and it was almost as if she understood why I would find this confusing, so it wasn't too bad for my feelings either. The call back from the nurse came really quickly too!
Well, now for the reason I am so thankful for good friends. I was able to spend the whole afternoon with my very dear friend Michelle. She is one of those friends who you instantly connect with and can share anything with, We met in college at the Catholic Student Center about 13 years ago. My I am getting old! She is now in Law School and lives several hours away so we don't get to see each other more than a few times a year, so when we do see each other we visit for a long time. She has been such a great friend to me and was my maid of honor at my wedding and is my friend who makes me feel sane. Thank God that I have at least one of them in my life that I get to see face to face. Next, as I was making my way home, I called another friend from college to see how her birthday celebration turned out on the 26th since we could not go celebrate with her. Well, it turned out that she was at home and wanted me to go by and let me know that another one of our very close friends was at her house. Well, when I showed up, I was bombarded with hugs from little ones. B/t the two of them, there are six children (4 girls and two boys - the youngest is one of my little godsons). Well there husbands were there and we just hung out for a few hours and us girls escaped for some shopping for about an hour and had some girl time. I met all of the above mentioned friends during my 2nd year at college and they are the friends you know that you can count on. I have learned so much about mothering from the two I visited with last and if I could be 1/2 the mother they are, I will be doing okay. I am also so thankful for my new blogging buddies. I feel so connected to you all because you share your hearts in the blogs and I do so as well. I really believe reading the words of you fellow bloggers has really kept my spirits up and my hope soaring in this time of transition. Thank you to everyone who had lent me support and encouragement. I don't take any of your for granted. Thanks for sharing your struggles on this journey.
Tomorrow I am bringing my Mom for her third chemo treatment. It will be a long day and I pray that God will give her the strength to handle it all. It is really taking it's toll on her and it is hard to watch, be supportive, and encouraging when I myself is worrying all the time. God's grace will see us through, he has not let me down yet!

3 comments:

  1. I really believe that God gave us friends to show us HIS love! I am so glad you got some girl time and everything worked out with the HcG shots. They can definately be confusing! I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, because even dogs get the scraps from the Masters table. And you are so right I will take whatever I can get.

    Can you move next door? I think you are so awesome!! You are so lucky to have IRL friends. No I am not an outcast. I swear! But since we moved from up North, I don't have any IRL girlfriends. No shopping trips, lifetime marathons, or anything. I ache for IRL girlfriends and if they could be Catholic that would be even better. All my girlfriends live miles away! :( So we are telephone girlfriends. A lot gets lost in translation. :(

    I hope your mother's chemo went okay today. I am so sorry you have to watch her suffer like that, I know it has to be hard on you. I can't imagine being sick for a long period of time. It is true suffering I once never understood, now I wouldn't be able to fathom cancer especially.

    But whatever shall befall me let it happen this side of heaven, because eternity is much too long to pay for my sins then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, if you ever make it to TN, let me know! I would meet you in a heartbeat! If we ever go any further South then we already are I will let you know! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete