Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


Silent Night . . . Holy Night!

It just hit me that in the silence there is holiness. God's grace has surely been with me today. I had an amazing day with my sweet husband and got to see all of immediate family either today or yesterday. I only shed tears one time today and it was during the prayers of the faithful at Mass. That is pretty good stats for the things I encountered today. The picture above is one of the gifts from my husband bc I have a devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe. It is even more beautiful in real life. I hope that all of my fellow bloggers had a day of restored hope and were able to have the heart of a child while celebrating the beautiful life of Jesus.
On a completely different note, we watched the movie called "Martian Child" and it is now one of my favorite movies. Without giving to much away, it really affirmed my faith in God being my very loving father and one that will never, ever leave me. In addition to that reaffirmation of faith, I was given a book to read by one of the ladies who does retreats at the Retreat Center I work at and it has really brought me to a new awareness of the presence and personality of all the persons of the Trinity. It is called "The Shack" , I can't remember the author, but it is truly amazing and I would recommend it to anyone interested in growing in their faith.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your Christmas was so blessed :) What a beautiful statue! (I wish DH would buy me things like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! I am so happy you had a joyous celebration. I am going to check out the movie and book you mentioned. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's Beautiful!! Merry Christmas!! May God fill your heart this desire in the New Year to come!!! God Bless you and your DH!

    ReplyDelete