Friday, December 12, 2008

Not so restful day off





























I took a comp day off today. We are always putting in extra hours and never really getting paid for them, so we get comp time and I finally go to use some time today.




Well, I really tried to justify just staying home in my cozy bed, but ventured off to town (how country do I sound?) to get some errands done. I went by to pick out my new eyeglasses. I have not worn glasses since I was 2 years old. It was at that time that I had surgeries on my eyes and no longer needed glasses until now. The frames I chose are cute, if you have to be wearing glasses and I really only need them for driving. I guess I am getting older every day. I then ran to Penny's because I had two $10 coupons for any purchases over $1o. We really did not need any clothing or linens, so I bought some cute baby items. It was a moment of hope for me and trust that God will provide the desires of my heart. I am really careful to choose really gender neutral items and items are perfect. The first purchase was for two baby gowns originally $25, and I paid $5. The second purchase was for those cute hooded towels and baby washclothes which originally cost $18 and I only paid $2. I really hit a bargain and I have just been wanting to pick up some simple things because I am expecting a miracle anyday now!




Then, I want to the Cathedral and was able to go to Mass for the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The priest reminded us that she is the Mother of the author of Life and it just seemed fitting that I celebrated the life that will be coming forth one day soon in our family. I think I may be going overboard, but it is so much fun.
Last night we had dinner with the Bishop, along with others from our area that serve the church and it was inspiring to hear him talk about Jesus's birth in such an intimate and loving way. The gave me a small Holy Family Ornament (I love Holy Family images and gifts) and a book on the writings of Pope John Paul II on the life of Saint Paul. We had a fun time and we meant this wonderful couple who are expecting their second child. I must say that when she showed up with that big pregnant belly and fully glowing, I was jealous! My emotions really rocked me to the core and I had to make a determined effort to be happy for them because I just wanted to be in that place. She stole the show, but once all of the talk about the baby died down, I was able to really get to know her and her husband and really admire them for the work they do to build up the kingdom of God. One final complaint, though, was when they were talking about their oldest boy, they mentioned that his name was the same one we have chosen as our boy name. The name is not common so this sorta took me by suprise.
Well, tonight will be a totally different scenario. It is my husband's company Christmas party and we are going to this fabulour Middle Eastern restaurant and this group is very lively! I look foward to visiting with them all, but I really hate to have to hear them talking all about their kids and what do J and I have to discuss besided trying to make some babies, our cat, DAISY! Every year that I go to this Christmas party, I feel like a failure because it is another year that I have not given my husband a little bundle of joy! I probably imagine it, but I just feel like I get these stares of sympathy from my husband's boss and his wife. They are great people and I helped take care of their first child when she was born, but I know that they know our story and for some reason, it feels really overwhelming. I am probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it is just how I feel. I told jessy that I was glad I wasn't pg yet bc now I can have a drink or two at the party. He just laughed because he knows I don't drink. Oh, but what fun it would be to start :)
Well, anyway, I am off to take a short nap before DH comes home. I am worn out from driving all over town trying to chase down some Gluchophage XR 500 mg. Everyone wants to give your the generics and I cannot take this in the generic form. For some unknown reason my body can only absorb that name brand version! Apparently, my body has expensive tastes or needs.
By the way, I am going to post some pics of my christmas tree and some of my favorite ornaments! The butterfly is our 2008 ornament and represents the new life (and hope) that was given to us this year through good quality medical care. The ornament with the name Sam is the ornament we got years ago when we lost Sam. The ornament of the church is the Cathedral where we were married on July 1, 2000. The crafted angel was given to me by my grandma the year before she passed away from ovarian cancer. The last photo is one that I took yesterday morning. We had snow in Louisiana and my husband even made me a small snowman before he left for work. We rarely have snow, so I take it as a great sign of wonderful other new things to come. By the way, since the snow came in the night, and the sun quickly melted it away, it just reminded me that sometimes God does his best work in the darkness!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a great attitude! And I LOVE the idea of God doing his best work in the darkness. That is so true! I'm glad you got a day off today! And now I'm curious what the boy's name was... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ended that post with a BANG! I have nothing to say! I need to post that saying on my refrigerator!!!!

    ReplyDelete