Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Day of hcg injections

The angels in heaven must have had a great laught at our expense tonight! I really thought my husband knew how to mix the meds, but I failed to realize that we would have to figure out how to convert mL, cc's, and units all in the midst of several seconds. I have never felt like such a freakin' idiot!! I know I completely gave my husband the most difficult time and I was definitely not very pleasant during that time. My dose is 2000 units on days P+3, 5, 7 , & 9. Easy right!!! Well, not for this nutty girl. My needle only went to one mL, so does this mean that I do .2 mL. I am still not sure if I did it right, I guess I will find out on monday when I call the nurses. I did try to call the local walgre.ens to get help from the pharmacist to explain the unit conversion, but I do not see how she ever graduated college with a pharmacy degree, bc she was totally lost as I read to her the exact directions from the nurses at the PPVI. I just really hope I did it right. If there is anyone out there with full knowledge of how to do this correctly wants to shed the light on this very simple procedure, please let me know.
On a much different note, I had a great day hanging out with my hubbie today. He brought me breakfast in bed today (just scrambled eggs and skim milk) then we spent the day doing things we put off all the time. We also had a great day yesterday hanging out with some of our friends and we just drove to TX and did some shopping. They like different wine, so they go to this speciality store over there and since we really don't drink any alcoholic beverages, we bought some imported WATER! We are still laughing about it today. I do have to say the water is fabulous. It is water from the Islands of FIJU which is natural artesian water. It is a treat. I always wanted to go to the FIJI Islands and this may be as close as I get! HEE HEE.
Anyway, life on my end of the world is going pretty good. I am thankful that things are so low key right now and the my sadness is not present at the moment. I compared my current chart to the ones in the book (CrMS Manuel) and it looks like I am improving slowly. I hope my interpretion is correct, it could be wishful thinking. I am curious to see how the addition of hcg will change my cycle. This is if I am administering it correctly. If not, there is always next month.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that makes me want to cry about comparing charts. I am doing the same thing and it looks like I am infertile! hahaha My chart post surgery didn't look as infertile as it does now! I am freaking out!

    Imported water! That is so funny! I love that water! It is the best. When I used to work at a high end restaurant I drank it like it was going out of style! :)

    I am so sorry about the conversions! I would be freaking out! The internet couldn't help? Did you ever find out?

    ReplyDelete