Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep

Today was wild and great! My kitchen has not seen so much action in forever. My Mom came over today and will be spending the night so that she will already be here for Thanksgiving Dinner. She worked on preparing her cornbread dressing and this is the first year that I paid enough attention to learn some of her tricks to getting to taste so yummy!! We will do all the final work on the cornbread dressing in the morning. My husband and I are hosting the dinner at our home and we are cooking three turkeys! I know it sounds excessive, but I love turkey and I love to eat it for leftovers and it is on my diet!! One thing that is not on my diet is pecan pie and I made four of them tonight! They are almost finished cooling. Our house smells wonderful and it really feels wonderful having my mom working beside me in the kitchen. My mom and I have not always had the best relationship, but we have come so far in the last few years! I try really hard not to focus on the past and just live for the present and hope for a bright future! She is currently in Chemo for breast cancer and so I do not take one moment for granted these days! She is doing well with the chemo, but has other health concerns. I just really hope that she will be around for a long time to meet all of her future grandchildren!
Well, I hope that our families are able to enjoy the dinner we prepare and find themselves full of thankfulness this year! Happy Thanksgiving to all, I will pray for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment