Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hopeful Day



Today I did something completely out of character for me! I was out shopping for gifts on my lunch break and, of course, made my way through the baby section. I keep thinking that I need to start picking up a few, gender neutral items, to preapre since I am waiting with expectation. I found this adorable little diaper bag mared 1/2 off and so it was only eleven dollars. I did everything I could to talk myselft out of purchasing it, but I just knew that if I could buy this, it would mean that I really am hopeful that I will be pregnant one day (soon)! Well, I did buy the adorable diaper bag and I while I thought I must have fallen off of my rocker, I was so happy for the rest of the day. My husband just laughed at me, but loved seeing the smile on my face. By the way, when I made it to check out, the sales clerk gave me a gift card for $10, so this sweet diaper bag was only $1!!! Can you believe it? I think it was meant for me to find and was a test of faith as to whether I am truly hoping in the Lord! I am not being naive, but I am being hopeful!
By the way my Godson, Gauge, has been able to go home and all of his tests came back clear. I prayed to St. Gianna for her intercession and I believe she brought my prayers to Jesus. Also, a priest came by to pray with a family on the Pedi floor and somehow ended up in his room and met with my him and my SIL. She is not really active in her faith, but has recently been coming closed to the Lord. Well, he got lost, but ended up right where God wanted him. He prayed with my SIL and prayed a blessing over Gauge. It made my heart soar to know that God is full of suprises! Thank you all who joined us in prayer for him!













1 comment:

  1. ARE YOU JOKING!?? ONE DOLLAR!? It was truly a kiss from heaven! You just know it when it happens! It is so humbling! That is what letting go and letting God is all about. Thank you for sharing that story. I need some of that in my life!

    That story about the Priest getting lost is really cool! :) My impatient self thinks I am the one in control but when God works it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete