Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Still Waiting

Well, today did not turn out to be day one as I expected. Not really sure what this all means. I just keep thinking of the commercials where the lady shows us to give the woman on vacation "Her Monthly Gift". I was not exactly looking foward to it at this point, but I would like some consistency. I have not been cramping to much today. I am not too worried, but my hopes are STILL elevated.

Overall, though, things are going pretty well. I met an amazing person today who was a volunteer helping to help rebuild some homes that were damaged from the recent Hurricanes that made their presence known along the LA Gulf Coast. He had recently lost his volunteer housing and was seeking shelter at our center. What kept going through my mind was the phrase "No room at the inn." Fortunately, we had some ladies at the diocese who helped find him some longer term shelter than we could offer, but I just kept thinking that if there is no place for him, I will just let him stay at our house. I told my DH about this when I returned home and he thought I was crazy! I learned that I tend to follow my faith in being like the Samaritan and my husband tends to use more life sense. Well, anyway, if it turns out if this guy needs some other assistance, my DH and I came up with a plan to help, a much safer one.

DH and I are looking forward to having one of our godchildren with us this weekend. He is so excited to be coming over to our home. We will be taking him to a local high school football game for one of my cousin's senior night celebrations. Then on Saturday we are going to be bringing him to the zoo! He has never experienced either type of event before, so we are excited to see how much he will enjoy this time. He is at that wonderful stage of "Why?', "Why?", you get the picture. We can't wait for him and our other family members to have a new baby to love and play with in the near (hopefully) future.

No comments:

Post a Comment