Sunday, November 23, 2008

Celebration of Christ the King

The feast of Christ the King is such a spendid feast day. I found that the scripture readings really ministered to my wondering heart. I wonder how Christ will care for me in the future, how he will supply for all of my needs! The first reading, which is below reminded me how God will always care for me and provide for all of my needs.

Ez 34:11-12, 15-17Thus says the Lord GOD:I myself will look after and tend my sheep. As a shepherd tends his flockwhen he finds himself among his scattered sheep,so will I tend my sheep.I will rescue them from every place where they were scatteredwhen it was cloudy and dark. I myself will pasture my sheep;I myself will give them rest, says the Lord GOD. The lost I will seek out,the strayed I will bring back,the injured I will bind up,the sick I will heal,but the sleek and the strong I will destroy,shepherding them rightly.As for you, my sheep, says the Lord GOD,I will judge between one sheep and another,between rams and goats.

My favorite line that refers to God coming to rescue me from wherever I have scattered when it was cloudy and dark! The days in the past eight years have certainly had their fair share of sad and cloudy days and it reminded me how easy it is to scatter away from God at these times. It filled my heart with deep peace to hear his promises when He tells us He wil seek out the lost, bring back the strayed, bind up the injured, and heal the sick. I realized that God recognizes that there will always be those who will stray, be injured or sick, or lost . . . but that is not where the story ends. He acts when all hope seems gone. It is at this time that he performs his miracles. So now, I am ready to say "God, I am ready for your miracles to tranform my life!" But as I am writing this, I realize that God is already bringing me healing and hope!

God is so good to me at this time and I suppose, I am blessed to even see His hand in all of this. Today, my husband and I ran into a lady we know from church. She has a special story and it just reminds me that God does all things for the good of those who love him. She and her husband had been married for many years and tried for a long time to have a child. At some point in their journey, they chose to adopt a baby boy. They were just living it up and praising God for the miracles he placed in their lives. Six months later, came a huge surprise. She was pregnant and they had a little girl nine months later! The children are now in their 20's and doing great and it just reminded me that God is full of suprises. I don't know what God has in mind for me and my husband, but I will just trusting him with my todays and tomorrows.

Lately, I have been reflecting on the brief whisper of life from the first child that we were to only know for the briefest of time. The holidays always bring this about for me. Our little one would be seven years old and as I buy gifts for my niece, who is seven years old, I am mindful of what our child could possibly have wanted for Christmas this year. I also ask this child of God, who I know is in heaven, to pray for their mother and father. I am feeling their presence so much in the last few days. I have also just discovered that the name we chose for him/her, Sam, means, name of God. I can't imagine their being a more appropriate meaning. Well, I did not intend to share these thoughts, but I am grateful that they came to me in this way. With each passing year, I keep finding more aches and pains and wonder how I will be chasing the little ones I am praying for today!!!!
On a side note, I was able to take a fabulous nap today and now I am wired up trying to finish laundry for the week ahead. Sometimes I think that I have been so spoiled only having to care for myself and my husband, that I am going to have a hard time adjusting to the endless needs of new baby! Yet, I am willing get ready for a baby! We met a guy on Saturday and he said that he was the youngest of five boys! I just looked at my husband and just grinned! I had a cousin who had several boys in a row and kept trying for a girl, only to end up with five lively boys! At five, they decided they were content with their boys and felt no need to pursue the goal of having a little girl. I just want a healthy baby! May God bring us the desires of our heart. I trust that God is already working on it!

2 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful thoughts about your baby. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a source of inspiration. You words are so tender and sweet! I bet you are such an even better friend in person!! xxoo!!

    ReplyDelete