Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6: 30 Days of Thankfulness

 

Today I am thankful for my best friend, Michelle.  We met in 1996 at the Catholic Student Center and MSU and have been best friends ever since!  She and I have been the ones we vent to, cry to, and celebrate with when life throws us some of the wackiest things and the most sorrowful moments.

baptism.j.l.b. 012

I am so thankful she is Joseph’s ‘Nanny Chelle’ and we just are thankful for her presence in our lives.  She is a no nonsense, gonna be there for you when no one else will be there for you kind of friend.  She has committed her life to her family and she is an amazing daughter, sister, aunt, and friend.  She is in deep sadness right now and we are lifting her and her family in our prayers tonight as they grieve the loss of a wonderful mother and friend.  She was very much like her mother, Mary Maxine, committed, honorable, caring, and generous. 

baptism.j.l.b. 057

God really smiled on me when he allowed our friendship to grow! 

Disney 2010 416

Here we are at my much anticipated baby shower that she and my other friends planned for us.  Pictured here is Michelle, Carrie, and Kim.  My friend, Maria, is the one who captured this great picture!

crystal 003

My goodness, we were so young here!!!!

crystal 002

Fun times with the girls at LCCS.  Michelle, Kim, Wendy, and I .

crystal 011

At a slumber party for my 20th birthday!!!  Who has a slumber party at 20th, this girl does!  It was fun and these are the best friends a girl could have asked for in all the world.

crystal 009

We hopped a train Winking smile What were we thinking??

crystal 005

Pictures in the cottonfield when we pulled off the side of the road during a road trip!  “Marge, those cotton-pickin’ kids are back!!!”  We love that line, Michelle.

Please join me prayer as we keep her and her family close in our heart following the death of her wonderful Mom!  She will need those extra prayers in the days, months, and years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment