Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 4: 30 Days of Thankfulness

 

baptism 01 002

Today I am thankful for our church, our faithful community, and the Catholic faith.

I have been a bit determined to get Joseph to Holy Mass as much as I can lately and I think it is beginning to pay off in such eternal ways.  He is still a very busy boy with seemingly ants in his pants, I still am grateful to hear one nugget of truth in the mass to encourage me for the days ahead, and we are slowly making our presence known – in hopefully a good way.

Jessy takes the older boys to the early mass because they are all early risers and so it is just Joseph and I for the second mass and this somehow helps him be less busy and more content to sit quietly in church. 

He astonishes me with how well he is picking up on the faith, I swear it is those baptismal graces coming in to play.  He knows how to show reverence before the cross and the altar, acknowledges the images of St. Joseph, Mother Mary, and our Patron Saint, St. John Vianney. 

Today, in all of this distractedness, he instinctively knew to look at the altar when the consecration was unfolding, it took my breath away that he reminded me of the real sacrifice happening at that exact moment.

And more than anything, I am thankful that he waited all through mass for “Peace” time.  He just learned the joy of that this week at the All Saints Feast day mass.   So he has been giving peace to others with great joy!  He got rather upset when we finished the Our Father though, because he kept signing “MORE” and was mad when we did not continue it as he wished.

He also decided to kiss each pane of the stained glass we were sitting next too.  He did it reverently, too!  So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment