Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11: 30 days of thankfulness

I am utterly exhausted, but I am here to write that I am thankful for kind neighbors and the four new tires on my van.
Last night, Jessy, Joseph, and I were going to run to town for a few errands and return home quickly but we only made a short distance before we found ourselves trying to figure out all the new warning signal lights that were coming on! We pulled our and consulted the Manuel only to discover it said we were low in our tire pressure, we checked the time and thought we had enough to get to a station to air it up some because I also needed gas. We make it 1/4 of a mile and we have a full flat on the right side in the front. Thankfully there was a old abandoned driveway on the country highway but it was pitch black - absolutely no street lights. We got out our tools that come with the van to get the spare out and the tool from the dealership is the wrong size so were stuck! No roadside assistance that I could future out, we were supposed to have one with the dealership but I did not have the number. Way to be prepared, right! Thankfully, Joseph was super calm and there was a good breeze in the air and so the Mosquitos were not out. We ended up having to call our neighbors and friends and we were so grateful for them coming I bring Joseph and I home and to let Jessy get the rift tools and then stay there with him while he changed the tire. It wasn't so much the quick way they accepted our plea for help, but their cheerfulness in helping us! It really reminded me of how God desires all of us to be cheerful I give of ourselves to others and to him! This encounter really inspired me and challenged me to be more generous with my time, talent, and treasure!
Well, now we have four awesome new tires and for that I am super grateful too!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. What a great witness of them to be willing to help, but cheerful about it, too.

    ReplyDelete