Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20: 30 days of thankfulness


I am very grateful for my ability to hold my tongue (sometimes I fail miserably). I am so thankful that I have learned that nothing good comes from being sarcastic, pompous, or plain rude in my conversations and responses to people who choose to be unkind! There are times when I mess up, but today it occurred to me that many hurt feelings have been avoided by me trying to imitate St Therese and her little way. I am grateful that I know when to just let the other person stew in their ugliness and be able to avoid falling into their stirring pot! Sometimes, I jump right on in - what a waste! I just really believe that kind words find a welcoming ear and mean words come from a troubled heart.

I have been finding myself wanting to lash out at others about some things that mean a lot to me, but hopefully by letting God tend to it, all will work its way out in His time.

God, bless my hurting family, I am thankful you are there for us! Amen.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend, I am sorry to hear that your family is hurting and I will be praying too. St. Therese, pray for C and her beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete