Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday's Cycle Review

So the race has resumed . . .

there is no rest for the weary. It seems you are just supposed to get back in the saddle, meds in hand, and you and your dearly beloved spouse right off into the sunset . . . right? Well, we will see about that.

The nurse was a little concerned about the brown bleeding this time, but Dr. H said that this could be a fluke and we need to monitor it for the rest of the cycle and it occurs again next cycle we will work on treating it. He thinks that it may just a heavy shed of all old and new lining. I sure hope he is right, I really don't want to have to tackle another issue that could be going against us at this point. They did say that the antibiotics that I took because of that bite would not present a problem such as brown/black blood. Okay, at least that is ruled out.

They were super jazzed about my hormone levels this cycle and really want to keep me at the lower dose of clomid because it seemed to have a great positive result. Maybe that is why there was no huge breakdown this month, less clomid - who'd have thought that could happen? Anyway, sarcasam aside, I am relieved to be taking a smaller dose of that medication. I found that I was more stable emotionally this cycle.

I asked them about my local doctor's desire to put me on oral estradoil and they were clearly not supportive of it and said that if my estradoil levels were to go above 50 (which could happen on the orals and with my normal levels) that is would be very counter productive and almost become contraceptive in nature. Wow, so glad I asked. I will be tossing that script. There was a little more discussion about this, but I can't remember. I just know I won't be using it.

I think that they truly believe that I am on the verge of getting it all aligned for conception to have a chance. While I am buoyed in hope because of their confidience, I still wonder.

Anyway, tomorrow will be a day of calls to refill meds, pharmacy visits, and counting cycle days again. I am really happy that I am not down in the dumps about all of this, I just keep trusting God that He has all of figured out.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so hopeful! You are in such good hands. I am praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete