Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Voice for the voiceless

Ok, there was huge opportunity that was presented to me this weekend and I really wanted someone else to have to rise to the challenge, someone else to answer the 'call'. 
 
Well, when God wants you to do something, He WILL get it done ;)
 
I was asked to possibly share my story with the world - my life story!  From conception to this very present moment.
 
So, I dug right on in, surrendered (since that is possibly the activity I engage in most) and pulled up the part of the story I wrote three years ago after God whispering it in my heart while at adoration and edited it a bit, prayed some more and then placed it in God's hands to do with as He willed.
 
I talked to the people I needed to talk to about it and got their support, I was quite suprised.  I really was looking for a way to avoid this whole thing at all costs. 
 
So I just let it sit on my soul over the weekend, offered it up at Mass (unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat, but if it dies it bears great fruit) and then on monday when I was supposed to hear from the one who is interested in learning more about my life I find this as part of my meditation:

"Looking at our lives today we might ask:  How - here, now, in my community – am I being invited to become a voice for the voiceless, an advocate for the abandoned, a companion for the ill and elderly, a source of hope for the hopeless?   . . . . . each of us is meant to become food for the hungry, bread for the life of the world."

 

I couldn't argue any longer, it is out of my hands and in the abled hands of God.  Wow, it was never really in my hands, He is just so kind in seeking permission.  God does court us, with an everlasting love, doesn't He?

 
"I set before you life & death, blessings and curses; CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and your children will live!"  Deuteronomy 30:19


6 comments:

  1. You are a lovely, lovely soul! I would totally want to know your life story from conception to birth! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to hear your story, you'll have to share it with us fellow bloggers as well :) How brave you are do to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I so want to hear your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears for you! This is beautiful. And you are a beautiful witness of when we are less, He is more. When will you be speaking so we can pray for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I'd love to hear your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! We would all love to hear your story!

    ReplyDelete