Thursday, February 25, 2010

All in a day!

Today has been such a weird day.
I had a really silly day at work yesterday and was thinking that I would love it if I would be able to take some time off from work (using the comp time I earned) and just get away for awhile. Well, as God would have it, I got a call from one of the part time ladies that is basically my only replacement and said that she had Thursday, Friday, and Monday off from her other job and she would love to work for me if I wanted to take some last minute time off. I quickly got approval and was so excited to have 5 days off and nothing pressing except one pro-life banquet on the Friday night. So, as my luck would have . . . I pick up the head cold that my husband had a week ago. Seriously? I would like to be able to breathe IN and OUT of my nose! My nose is so raw from sneezing, wiping, etc.

This is not how I wished to spend my time off. I really thought it would run its course quickly, but it is hanging around. I need to call the doctor to see what I should take since I am around p+3. I really think that I ovulated early than what my chart shows. I had so many white baby stamps this month that I eventually just stopped taking the fertile cm because I think it was just that being added in that kept me seeing the fertile type mucus.

On Tuesday we had a meditation that talked about a young couple who had been praying & trying to conceive for a very long time and then when they did conceive, it was with triplets. It led us to ask about what prayer are we praying that we have to WORK for, in addition to having faith that it could be answered. Well, my immediate reaction was BDing. Sometimes you are sick, tired, or just plain not in the mood and the chart says its’ time!!!! Well, this cycle we have been working and praying for a miracle. I do have to say that thankfully neither of us were sick or feeling bad during the time of opportunity. I just wish I could go have a drink with my husband, want to celebrate our love and conceive and it be a complete surprise even though we are always open to life. I wish I could just throw the charts and temp checking out of the window, but the outcome is worth all of the attention we are giving it.

Moving on, today I was able to make some phone calls and they were successful. The first one was to the mail order pharmacy and to address that they keep sending me the wrong meds and making me pay for it. Well, I finally got a kind, smart person and she fixed it all and the meds are on their way. So now it is reimbursed and I get free expediated shipping, and they are going to contact the doctor themselves, imagine that. She acknowledged ‘this was the least they could do’. I was amazed!!!! I have previously made at least 4 calls and got nowhere fast each time and this was my day for justice ;)

Next, while I was on a roll, I called our cell phone company and told them about the run around that we were experiencing in trying to use the phone insurance when my phone broke. We made three trips to the stores and two phone calls to them and every single person told us something different. Well, as I am explaining this to her I told her that we ended up just buying a nice go-phone and that it works fine, but we had to do that out of pocket. She asked me how much we spent and she credited the whole amount (tax and all) to our current bill and we still have $25 credit on our next bill. Really? I was so excited and thankful!!! I never expected her to offer that, I was just calling to find out how to file a claim and who I needed to send the receipt to in order to be reimbursed.
Next phone call I made was to see if we could get better prices on our auto insurance. We currently have a.ll.state and we were quoted a pretty good price ($30 a month cheaper) through pro.gressive. Does anyone have experience with pro.gressive? I am wanting to get some feedback. We have been with our other company for 10 years. I don’t want to just make a change and then be miserable or find out that they lack the ability to provide good services.

Also, I got an email from a local place I download my pictures to for prints and they told me I could get a free 8x10. I really had no need for a certain photo, but I found one of my aunt on the day of her baptism with her godson and her husband and I plan to frame it and give to her as a gift. Free!!! The other day, I was able to get a 8x10 collage print for free. You can't get any better than free!

Having a day off with pay and essentially making calls that will save you from paying nearly $200 in bills, etc. I would call that a productive day :)

Even though I have been feeling out of sorts with the cold, I was able to get all that done then clean my house (vacuum, sweep, laundry, and clean the bathrooms), and take a shower before my husband got home. I had to get out of my night clothes at some point, don’t you think? hahahahaha

And to top off the productive day . . . my husband just got a call from his work buddy and his wife (we do a lot with them away from work, too) and they decided to pursue receiving the sacrament of confirmation! They are not much older than us and have two kids in college and one graduating high school this year. We love this family!!! Even better, they asked us to be their sponsors!!!! I am blown away at God’s goodness! I shouldn’t be, though ;)

One last, final thought. I woke up this morning and the first thing that I saw on tv while I was eating breakfast was “The View” (yes, I slept in despite Baylie’s pleas for me to get up sooner) and the whole show was about IF. Nearly all of the women have had some experience of ectopic pregnancy, IF, m/c, etc. Some resolved their IF with IVF. I was very disappointed that they thought this was the best that medicine and science could offer. Did anyone else see this? Barbara Walters really had some awesome insights on her experience with adoption, I had no idea she experienced three miscarriages and was able to become a mommy to a beautiful child through the gift of adoption. The IVF ideas were awfully disturbing though. The reason I was so thankful that this show even aired was because it gives all of its viewers a glimpse into the suffering of IF and why their sisters, daughters, friends, coworkers are emotional messes at times, especially when on all the hormones, etc. The words of the woman that experienced the ectopic pregnancy was hard to hear because she tried to make light of it but I could see just how much that experience really changed her. She nearly died too. She, too, was surprised and thankful to live to tell of her experience.

Prayers and blessings continue for all of you and may this lent continue to be life-giving to all of your souls.

3 comments:

  1. What a productive day! I have some time off this week and am enjoying having time to clean, run errands, and just relax. I didn't know that about Barbara Walters and adoption, thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a productive day. Great job on the phone!

    We had progressive for a while, but never had to file a claim.

    We've sponsored an RCIA couple a few times and it is such an honor. IMO, they picked a great couple.

    I don't watch the view, but that is very interesting. Who was the IVF person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great productive day (despite the cold of course!) I hope you feel better so you can enjoy the rest of your days off! I had progressive and did file a claim with them. My experience was good. I think the difference is you don't have one person that stays the same over time, but you do have one person that follows your claim through and I never had any problems wtih them.

    ReplyDelete