Friday, November 6, 2009

I survived!

If the way the morning was going was going to indicate the results of my test today, I would have been in trouble.

I said I have been avoiding all kinds of things lately and I really did not want to get up to go to town to do MORE fertility testing. I must have pressed the SNOOZE 3 times when the phone promptly rings at 7:30 AM and it is the insurance lady at the hospital telling me: "Your insurance is not going to cover this service today because it was coded as being related to INFERTILITY!" I tell you if I here one more person use the word Infertility around me today, I just might be willing to give them a black eye even though it is no longer Halloween.

I ended up figuring out she was trying to run the pre-authorization wrong and she tried to blame my doctor for coding it wrong. I simply told her "It is always someone else's fault, right?" It really caused her to stop and realize that yes, we are always looking to point fingers at someone else.

So since my hsg was set for 9:00 AM and I live 1/2 an hour away from the hospital, I get on the phone to the insurance agency and get close to nowhere, but at least the lady was nice. I was crying at this point bc here I am figting to get some stupid test done that I don't really want to have to do at all. Well, my doctor's office doesn't open until 9:00 AM so I call at 7:40 and leave a message explaining the situation. I then decide I am not going to miss taking this test. I can fight the insurance later and if a few hundred dollars is all it takes for me to have some peace of mind, we will have to work with that.

I quickly dressed and headed out to town and then the office manager from my doctor's office calls me at 8:20 to let me know that she got my message and is getting the paperwork checked out and that they was not code of IF on the paperwork. I asked her to make me copies of all the paperwork and I will pick it up on my way to the hospital. She agrees to this and remains courteous, I do love my new doctor's office. Thankfully, my doctor is right next to the hospital so I hurry to get there and do all the admitting junk, but only after stopping at W.algreen's to get some advil. FYI, the advil did work to make it less painful.

I finally make it to the doctor's office, get all the paperwork and manage to get to the hospital on time. Whew.

Yet, when I get there, they take their time in admitting and then I find out that the staff thinks I am scheduled for 10AM. I am holding the appointmet time in my hand and there are still telling me it is NOT at 9 AM and I will have to wait.

WAIT! The story of my life.

So I wait and I was so thankful that I waited. I had the most kind radiologist and Rad Tech I have ever met. They were worth the wait. They were thorough, kind, and patient.

YET, the silly girls prepping me ask "Is this for infertility?" There were not ready for my answer when I told them no. I am not infertile. I MONITOR my fertility. My fertility is not exactly waving me in, but I do believe I have SOME! I told them that I just had a loss of my left tube due to a rupture for the ectopic pregnancy in May. I told them we want to know if the other tube is good.

Woe to the next person who asks me if I am infertile!!!

I think I have just aquired a great distaste for that word and this word is no longer going to define me. I am a woman who is struggling to have the family I have always dreamed about.

Well, the test actually went well and we got some really great pictures of my tubes, cervix, and uterus. The doctor exclaimed in the beginning of the procedure "You've got a great looking cervix" Something I never thought I would hear, but oh such a tender gesture for him to share that when he knew I was so nervous. The right tube was FULLY OPEN! There was free spill on the right side. AMAZING. My tube was nothing like the images we see in textbooks though. Mine seemed so long and thin and curvy, but the doctor said this is a great tube given my history. The best thing is that I saw the images with my own eyes.
He also said "The proof is in the pudding though" Meaning that we will have to just wait and see if a fertilized egg will make its way to my womb. For the time being we are just going to assume that I have great eggs and ovulate with clomid.
My husband called me as I was leaving the hospital and I told him the news. He was relieved. I am relieved.

I did tell him, I guess we will try until we have nothing left to offer. We will just have to trust that if God wants to bring new life and if it finds its way to my uterus we will be thankful and if we are able to conceive new life and the baby gets stuck again, we will still be thankful for that little life and it will still all be worth it. We will just offer praise to God in whatever circumstance we find ourselves.

I just don't know if another pregnancy is part of God's will for us, but I am hoping so and I am hoping that this might be a baby I can hold and watch grow.

I am still so in love with adoption too. It is really hard on my heart to not be ready to pursue adoption yet when I am ready to start that process. I don't want to come across as silly, but my heart is just so moved with love for all children, that I want to be ready for the one (or more) God is ready to share with us.

Baylie is HOME! I am so happy. She is hurting and moving slowing, but she still jumps although I am trying to keep her from doing this. My heart aches to see her hurting. It makes me wonder if this is just a taste of what J felt as he watches me suffer?

Thanks for all your prayers for both me and Baylie! We are grateful!

11 comments:

  1. Yeah . . . beat that ugly word and anyone who utters it to a pulp!

    I'm so happy the news was good on the test. They mixed up the time on mine as well, but I did not handle it near as well as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for a good HSG, with good news!

    So, you have a beautiful cervix too, eh? Join the club :) Hahaha, it is funny to hear!

    They say you are "super fertile" for 3 months after an HSG, so get to it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some good positive news...something we all need. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it turned out okay. Don't get me started on some of these insurance issues. Too much red tape already, but thank goodness for having insurance in the end, I guess. Oh, and listen to TCIE. I've heard longer than 3 months after the HSG... we got our BFP 6 months after mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 month after my HSG...conception!! Prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that news! Hoping and praying that your dream will come true, too. It's obvious that you have such a big heart for children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your openness to children is heartwarming! Glad the HSG went well and that you were able to see the images. As for insurance, even though I live in a state where "that word" is supposed to be covered by insurance, it isn't. Wish there was a lobby in Wash. for "that word" (maybe there is) during this ridiculously drawn-out health care debate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that even though the pre-appointment part didn't go well, that your results were good. I'm glad to hear that Baylie is home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure sounded like an eventful morning!!!!
    I am so glad to hear you survived and your tube looks great. Yeh, I'll be praying for you! and Baily too ;)

    xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God for great results! So the egg has to go on a little roller coaster ride! :) Welcome to life baby!!! :)

    Yummy HSG, I did hear what FJIEJ said about her HSG. Alot of women are known to conceive. :)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good heavens. What would they have done if you had said yes? Do they think it's catching?

    ReplyDelete