Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mission IMPOSSIBLE!

I love to go to daily Mass, but the timing thing doesn't work out to well with my schedule. Well, today, that was not going to stop me. I left a few minutes early for lunch and drove to the only church in our diocese with a noon mass. It was fanstactic and well worth the sacrifice! St. Therese has been a favorite saint of mine for about 12 years and my devotion has only grown stronger over the years and her wisdom continues to bless me in ways that are immeasurable. I never put together that we both had our spiritual conversion at 14 years old. Suffering for Christ is a lesson I am so resistant to learning and I was gently reminded by a fellow blogger that like St. Therese we need to be persistent in all things! Thanks TCIE!
Anyway, onto the title of this post. The priest spoke of the old "Mission Impossible" series/movies. I never really got into them, but he talked about how in the show they give the star of the show a view of what their task is and what roadblocks they will face and how if they are caught they will be on their own, no support or backup! Making sense so far? Probably not. But stay with me, he then reminded us that in our missions, we are not given a glimpse into seeing what our future holds, we don't know what roadblocks we face, but we DO know that no matter where we go or what trouble we find ourselves in, God will NEVER, EVER abandon us. He told us that if God gave you that mission, then with God, our mission is never impossible. Our mission is possible. So, my dear friends who share the joy of the cross with me, find comfort in knowing that our MISSION IS POSSIBLE, not IMPOSSIBLE!!! God goes with us, lovingly, and restores our strength.

He gives strength to the powerless. We shall run and not grow faint!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a total believer that nothing is impossible with God...He can do all things if it is in HIS will. Sometimes God does say "NO" but then that means HE has a better plan for us. I'm joyfully awaiting to know God's plan for our family. He'll let us know in His time. Thanks for the reminder....I can always use that...all is Possible with God. Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post & great message. It certainly does require courage and trust to take each step of this path not knowing what is ahead. But we know that God will be there and that with Him, all things are possible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Anthony, find my embryo!!! hahahahaha

    Is that an impossible mission??? hahaha

    Great sermon! It was great talking with you today! xxoo

    ReplyDelete