Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Does God move fast or slow?

I have been neglecting trying to find a new local obgyn since my last frustration in trying to find one. I had decided that I wanted to try a new hospital in the event that I am ever able to deliver and in our small community there is only two. So . . the choices are limiting. Then even making the choices for a doctor even more narrow. Well, I did hear really positive things about one particular doctor. Yet, when I called before she was in the same office as a doctor I wasn't exactly fond of, bad experience with my first mc in him referring to the pregnancy as a chemical pregnancy. Other than that I had seen him for many years before I was married. Well, I told my husband that my goal this week was to choose another doctor. I did it!!!!!!!!! I am just praying that it will go well. The lady opened her own practice and when I called today to ask them if they were still only accepting women who were already pregnant, she said no and that they were accepting new patients, which we know is pretty rare sometimes.
Anyway, when I let them know I would like to make an appt and gave a brief hx of recent ectopic pregnancy and that we are ready to ttc again, the asked me if I wanted to come in tomorrow!!!! This is a perfect stage in my cycle to go and there have been some big issues I have been worried about that I am hoping can be resolved or worked on. Anyway, my appt is tomorrow at 2pm. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face just knowing that some progress is being made. I am prepared to either be received graciously or in the event that I am not, I am prepared to walk away. I am not going to stick myself with a doctor that I don't have full confidience in. It is too late in the ball game to back track. Anyway, so if anyone remembers to pray around that time, I would greatly appreciate it. I called J awhile ago and he was even happy about it. I think he knew this is a huge struggle for me. It is so hard to try to go to a new doctor. I having been praying whether to stay with the other one, but just did not have peace with it.
In work-related things, we still have a meeting set for the end of the week. I don't think I will be too emotional bc I have found some strength in identifying why I feel the way I do and some resources that show the way I tried to resolve it before was the right way to do things. I do not feel shame and do not want to look for another job, but I will do what I must. Hopefully it won't come down to that. As always, you all remain in my prayers!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are getting a new doctor and I hope that it works out. That's awesome that the timing worked out. I hope the job stuff get sorted out one way or the other soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's karma, that appointment coming so quickly. It's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you at 2 pm that the new doctor exceeds your expectations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that they got you in so soon!!! :) I hope they are worth the time!

    Does God move fast or slow? Slow on my terms, but when He starts to work He works fast! :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete