Thursday, September 16, 2010

Irony

Today as I am celebrating life, there was a family who lost their precious 13 year old son.

My heart has been heavy for them all day long.

I have been relishing in all the movements of my growing baby and I just was shaken to the core by the untimely loss of this young boy. Wondering how do you instill in each child's precious souls that they are so valuable in God's eyes and your most precious gift from Him?

Parenting is so hard. I cannot imagine what these parents are feeling at this time. Please join me prayer for his precious soul and that these parents can somehow feel the love of God in this most terrible tragedy.

The back story is that there was a little boy who died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at a local catholic school this morning.

Mary, Mother of God, hold this young boy close to your heart! Surround him with love eternal! Pray with me for all the other family members, staff, and fellow students, as well as all those who will be ministering to those suffering.

7 comments:

  1. oh my! how tragic! I will definitely join you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying. It's amazing how things hit me now, tragedies involving children. I think about the mother who got up in the night with them as a newborn, changed so many diapers, loved them more than life itself for so many years. The loss parents endure is unimaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting them in prayer today~ Wonderful to meet you here. Blessings Catherine Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, my heart is so broken for them. I just can't imagine the journey they have ahead of them. Grief is never easy, but THIS grief is so complex and difficult to work through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How profoundly tragic. My prayers are with them all....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about that today. So tragic and so very sad. Praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tragic. My grandmother always said it was the most unnatural thing in the world for a parent to parent their child (and she knew how unnatural it was). Just so sad.

    ReplyDelete