Monday, September 6, 2010

I never knew . . .

how much fun it would be to go to Babies.R.U.s!

We took a little trip this Sunday to visit our godson and his family and while we were there we made a quick (not really quick) visit to the babies.r.us. We were able to find some coordinating pieces for the nursery and I am just so excited to get started in getting everything ready!

We had the best visit with our dear friends and came home with a vehicle full of baby things for Joseph! We now have some (lots) extra sweet baby boy outfits, a great toy that comes with a remote control to play music near their car seat in the car, a baby crib mattress, and a very generous gift of money to use how we wished to prepare for Joseph's arrival. We used some of the money today getting some new blinds for the nursery from Lowes and plan to use some of it to buy the plywood that we need to make the baby's dresser/changing table. My father-in-law is such a skilled carpenter and will be building it for us so all we have to do is buy the plywood and hardware.

I am utterly amazed at the extreme generousity of so many people in caring for our growing family!

In regard to the gestational diabetes, I will be able to talk directly with my doctor about it on Thursday and I am so ready to just be able to monitor my levels. I have made some changes in my diet and it is going ok. Bread and potatoes are my weakness, though, so I can't wait for the nutritionist to put together a plan for me. I think Joseph is having sugar withdrawls :) I know his mommy is!!! At our friends house, it was so hard to eat well. There were kit.kats, twix, chips, ALL oF IT begging me to indulge! Praise God, I had enough inspiration to stay away from it all! I did have some pizza that evening, but tried to balance it with salad. Breakfast is the hardest for me! I am just not always ready to eat in the morning and I never really enjoyed alot of breakfast foods. From what I can tell, I just don't eat enough small meals a day. Fortunately, we have been doing well keeping fresh veggies that I love so that is going to be fine. I am picky about the fruit I like to eat, so we shall see. Overall, I think it will be a good change for our family. I just pray that Joseph remains healthy and has a safe birth.

I was reminded yesterday at how much it has taken for us to get to this point, God has graciously been by our side the whole time and I know He is standing right beside us now.

St. Joseph, pray for us.

Sam & Nicky, pray for us.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh babies R us sounds fun! Granted, I have never been there, but on Saturday my SIL and I went to IKEA and she practically had to drag me out of the child bedroom section - those bunk beds were so stinking CUTE! Be still my beating heart! :) But there is nothing like CD1 today to bring me back to reality. That is okay, life goes on and God is good - maybe next cycle! Grow, baby Jospeh, Grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is so great! I am happy for you to experience this excitement! And, I am so impressed at your willpower at declining the sweets!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are 25 weeks already!!! I'm so happy that you had fun shopping for your sweet one and are thinking of happy times to come.

    Wishing you good luck with the nutrition plan. You can totally do this!

    (P.S. I'm very picky about fruit, too. You'd think I wouldn't be since I like sweets so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had a good time at Babies-R-Us and your friends are so great.

    Great job on resisting temptation. Good luck with the nutrition plan! I love fruit.

    ReplyDelete